快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: The effects of VDJ on a hp notebook ze4547

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Okay so I have a HP Pavilion 4547 with the following specs:

Intel Mobile Celeron 2.4ghz (not the same as the newer "Intel Celeron [m]")
1GB RAM, 100GB hard drive, 128MB ATI Radeon Mobile Video card.

I made my first attempt at using VDJ in "slow" mode and within minutes the computer just immediately shut off. Concerned, I contacted HP, and was told that my computer was overheating.

So purchased a notebook cooling device from Antec and I thought I'd share my experiences with you all.

Here's what took place:

6:36am notebook on desk (no antec cooling device underneith)
I load VDJ and begin loading songs in both decks, constantly loading every minute and just crossfading.
6:44am AUTO SHUTDOWN.......
6:45am I turn back on with the Antec Cooler
6:48 back into vdj
7:11am Still working...
I now take the Antec device out from underneith...
7:12...AUTO shutdown
7:15am Computer is back on
---still no antec cooler since i removed it--
7:17 vdj back up
start song
7:17...immediate shutdown

It appears that many people with notebooks are having problems with VDJ. I'm assuming it's because VDJ really sends most computers into high stress levels...and in my case my notebook just overheats and shuts off. Since HP is certain there is no hardware problems, I just wanted to run a few tests myself and share them with VDJ notebook users. I have DJ friends that run other "DJ" programs with no problems on their notebooks. However because VDJ has so much um.."stuff" integrated into it, it is more likely to cause trouble to notebook users who don't have proper ventilation. I will say that with the Antec device under my notebook, it didn't shutdown at all during the 20 minutes of VDJ stress tests, versus the 2 minutes use I got out of it not using the "antec device." I have yet to use my notebook at a gig, even with the cooling device, just out of fear...

Like I said, I just wanted to share some information to notebook users as well as let VDJ know what kind of experiences I am having, with my setup...and how a cooling device may help notebook users.

I have been doing my gigs on a Dell P4-2.4ghz desktop with VDJ since mid-2005, and after correcting minor issues...it has only crashed on me "under high stress"...just a few times...and that's far less than I can say for most professional CD-Players, in that time period. I am going to use VDJ from my notebook with the Antec device, this week. I will post followup information with my results.

Thanks,

Jason G

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 1:28 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VirtualDJ is a big multithreaded program with around 10 threads at the same time in normal use. That's why the last processors are better (dual core and/or HT technology) to use it

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 8:12 pm
Yeah this problem is very common. I dual boot both linux and windows. I noticed that when i do compiling in linux for about 10 mins the computer shuts off. Watching my sys monitors, i see this only happens when the processor either runs at full speed for a lenght of time, or is under constant heavy use. Now my notebook is a pretty good one 3.2 ghz 1gig ram 100gig hd. It would shut down at times while using vdj, but hardly never as much as when compiling for a while. So i looked on the net, and found many people having this same prob. Sure enough they found out that it was an overheating problem, caused by dust in the heatsink. So with that in mind i bought a can of compressed air. and sprayed all the opening of the laptop very well. Alot of dust came out, and the notebook is not even a year old. Since i have done this i can compile for like 30 mins if needed and no shutdowns. Vdj runs flawlessly, i have even noticed that the notebook run even quieter now. The fan dosent work as hard or as long as it did before. I would highly recomend that you try this, as it seemed to work for myself and many others. So i am now making it a habbit of dusting this laptop with compressed air, about every two weeks or so.

Good luck man

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 10:49 pm
Vr_foxHome userMember since 2005
Well on laptops most of the time.. it isn't the heavy use... the real problem is dirty in the coolers and ventillators, try to clean them...

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:41 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

A little Celeron M isn't enough to boost VirtualDJ features... Dual-Core, Pentium 4 with HT or both (Intel Extreme Edition) are the best to work with out worries (To work with Video and Audio features of VDJ).

发表时间 Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 11:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)