快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: help getting up to speed

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello everyone!

I'm in the midst of learning Virtual D.J. (3.3), converting from using other softwares. I think that's part of my confusion. I may be "looking for" things that are done differently in VDJ. I've got the basic functionality down, I think.. mixing, etc. While I'm reading as much as I can on these forums, and it's helping me along, I learn best when "shown" how something works. Is there an experienced user that would be willing to walk me through VDJ on the phone, for maybe 20 minutes or so? I have some questions.

Thanks in advance!

Steve Sharp

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:43 pm
Would be expensive if you should call me all the way to Norway ;) hehe...

But someone else might be close to you, and ready to pick up the phone...

And you can always ask here too, we will help you in every way we can :)

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe this could help a little, although i think it is in french.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:50 pm
Alright, I'll try one question at a time, on here. Thanks to all.

I'm using a Toshiba laptop, P4 1.8M, with a 100 gig hard drive on it, I have a music library about 67 gig in size.

What's the "best way" to have music organized in VDJ? I presently have folders, and subfolders (only one level deep), such as: "2k" as the main folder and "club" "urban" "top 40" etc as the subfolders. Will I be able to search subfolders this way, or should I have all my music in one giant folder?

More questions to come...

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:19 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whatevers best for you is best for VDJ, sub folders work great.

If you right hand mouse click on any folder you have an option to "show all" - this way all the music within that folder and within the subfolders will appear in the browser :).

Also be sure to make use of the search, type in a word or year or anything that relates to a folder/file name and the results will appear without a blink.

Be sure to re-scan your database everytime you've added new music, it is also best for analyze files before playing them on each deck, for the information in VDJ to be saved like the database and settings you'll need to exit properly, if a crash should occur or you turn off the computer without first closing VDJ your changes during that session will be lost.

Hope that helps you for now

note: remember the "show all" option.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:38 am
My computer has been scanning tracks for 55 hours now. I'll try your search suggestions tommorrow when it should finally be done. Thank you! What does the scan do, exactly? Does it index the tracks for faster loading? I know it calculates BPM, automating the looping process, but it is most accurate with house, disco, and techno music. How do I fix the ones it didn't read properly? I have BPMs (rounded to whole numbers) embedded in all my tags, does VDJ give me the option to use those, or even adjust towards those, so I don't see rock power ballads clocking in at 132 BPM (for example)? What do the asterisks mean?

I'm using a different computer to post than the one I DJ from, so I should have a Hercules DJ console logo by my name, along with timecode vinyl. Those items, along with questions about karaoke and video will be among my next ones.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 7:05 am
Virtual DJ have TWO different algorithms for analyzing BPM's

You say you get most right for house and techno, so my bet is that you have choosen the algorithm "techno/hiphop". This is the FAST analyzer, that gets easy beats correct (house etc).

For the rest of the music, choose the "ANY MUSIC" algoritm

Both engines for BPM analyze is available either in FAME settings inside Virtual DJ, or when you rightclick file(s) in your database in Virtual DJ.

Using both engines will get almost ALL songs correct, in fact I have found it better than most any other software, and it get s about 90% of my collection....

When analyzing it gives Virtual DJ info on BPM, CGB (computer generatet beats for automix), and gain.
This is saved in Virtual DJ database, so analyze is only needed once for each song.

The asterix means the song is perfect calculated for automix. Dont worry, most that dont have an asterix have correct BPM too, but they are not perfect aligned for automix ( a feature that you will not be using anyway?)

If you have the Hercules MK2 or MP3 console, enter the serial for Virtual DJ console version here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html
And the logo will appear in forum :)

Regarding the already BPM in your tags, they can be imported into Virtual DJ (using our database updater tool), but I wouldn't recommend it. I bet you will see Virtual DJ gets almost all songs correct..

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 10:34 am
The tracks that don't give the correct BPM, can be edited. Rt click the track, and go to edit bpm. If you know the bpm, you can input or halve, double, or recalculate by tap. You may also look into getting an external hard drive, to put your music on. Use the internal for programs. This will keep your drives from doing double duty, running the software, and playing the tracks. You will find you will need the space anyway, as music quickly takes up space.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 8:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)