快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Problems with DJ Console MK2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djgabboPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everybody,
I just bought a DJ Console MK2, and I've got some problems that I quickly explain here:
Crossfaders, volume sliders, CUE buttons and central joystick are not really accurate and sharp in selection... for example: I crossfade from deck A to Deck B, the slider on the console is 100% on the right side while the slider on the VDJ still is at 75% (and the audio out is at 75% too), and that's a very big trouble in mixing, because I always have to correct the situation using my PC keyboard and mouse... the remote control of the VDJ software through the MK2 console appears to be hard in this situation.
On the tech side, I've connected the MK2 console to my notebook PC using its USB2 port; no external hub nor power supply.
Should you suggest me to use an external power supply source and/or an external USB2 hub?

Thanx a lot, and happy mixing!

DJ Gabbo / Togatoga.it
http://www.togatoga.it

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 9:58 am
I have the MK2, and no such issus what so ever... It works perfect :)

please try to update to the latest drivers for Virtual DJ 3.2 from the Hercules site ( www.hercules.com )
That might fix it :)

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 11:26 am
I did it yesterday (sw + firmware upgrade) but the issue remains.
I will try to plug my Mk2 into an additional (dedicated) USB2 PCMCIA controller, and see if the problem persists.

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 12:24 pm
hope you can figure it out...

it might be underpowered, as it seems not to work all correct

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 9:00 pm
I would suggest that you try installing ure package on another machine and see the outcome, if problem persists...return your console A.S.A.P.

P.S. always be very cautious when doing the firmware upgrade...

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 5:33 am
Thank you for your help, appreciated.
I've done a simple & quick test, installing the MK2 console on my desktop PC at home: the console works G-R-E-A-T! So, I really think it could be underpowered on my notebook... I will try with an external power supply, and/or with an additional USB hub (self-powered).
Thanx a lot!
;)
DJ Gabbo / Togatoga.it
http://www.togatoga.it

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:28 am
Good to hear you narrowed it down to the USB port on the laptop.

A powered usb2 hub is really cheap, and could be the soltion for you :)

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:19 pm
DJ Gabbo,

Check on your laptop the power supply setting:
Start Button > Settings > Control Panel > Power Management
To get full power on your USB port, set the power scheme of your laptop as Desktop / Family PC, so that Windows XP gives enough power to the USB.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:45 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)