快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: This is a friggin nightmare

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Im getting really stressed out and peed off. I want to post here a question about my firewall and port forwarding etc, but I cannot find a serial number for my VDJ, after ages I found the "Detect console" thingy, as I have the Hercules. Yet I cant "detect console" because of my friggin firewall. Its a no win situation and Im really cheesed off about it. All I want to do is use the thing I have bought and paid for and get some damn support because I cant work out how to broadcast, and I cant get support due to this firewall problem, and cant sort the firewall problem without support.

Godamn man this is a bad system for support!!

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 3:27 pm
what kind of firewall are you using? NAT or software?
have you ever thought of disabling your firewall temporarilly to detect your console?

you came to the right place for support though. Another location on this site would be to contact the support which they can possibly give you the ports needed to configure your NAT firewall.

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 3:33 pm
Hi. Ive disabled the firewall even though I hate to do such a risky thing and it was no different. It's Sygate Personal Firewall pro
and the main reason I came here was to find out how to broadcast through it, then I realised I cant even post such a question as the response would be "what is your serial number or use the detect console function" and that isnt working so Im stuck!!

Maybe because Im connecting to the net through a gateway/software router is the only thing that I cant think of which is preventing it from detecting, however every other program works fine through the setup. But I cant connect directly from the DJ PC. The only thing I could do is install the whole setup on the gateway so it is connected directly and the "detect" might work, but doing all that is a real pain in the ass :(

Can't I give the hercules serial number or something instead?

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:00 pm
Trying to give up smoking and little things like this are making it difficult hence my stressy original post. soz. but any help would be appreciated.

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:01 pm
heh no doubt your getting stressed about it.

Well seems to definatelly be a firewall issue or might even be on the ISP's side that would be blocking an incoming signal on port 80 or so (if that's the port VDJ is using to detect the console that is).

Best thing I can suggest is contacting support here:http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

just post all your information including the console serial number and the serial number from VDJ (if one was given for the adapted version that is bundled with the software)

I'm sure the support can help you out with that.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:10 pm
Since you have the console icon with your name you are registered as owning one. Does the VDJ version with the mkI console even support broadcasting? If you are using the 3.2 demo with the console the demo restrictions apply..

Also what happens often is that people use 3rd party firewalls and not disable the XP firewall.. this can lead to some of the problems you seem to have.

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:27 pm
When I get stressed out, smoking crack, takes the edge off.

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 9:57 pm
welshdemon have console version 1... .with VDJ 1.08 console version

the mk2 version does not need detection, but simply adding the serial for the console in your profile.

:)

发表时间 Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 10:37 pm
My ISP does state it blocks port 80.....well there you go, Im screwed for getting support.

发表时间 Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:01 pm
OH P.S. for broadcasting issues with Sygate Home Network and Sygate Personal Firewall for future reference. Port forwarding needs setting up in HOME NETWORK gateway software and not just opening the ports on the firewall.!

I figured it out after days of headache.

Well seems I am not eligible for support as the detection will not work I guess I had to answer my own question.!

发表时间 Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:03 pm
Well welsh,

DJ in Norway checked your setup and it seems like you have the Herc DJ console (version 1) along with Virtual DJ 1.08

There is a little hercules icon under your name when you post so we can all see what hardware you are currently using :D

That version doesn't have the broadcast features implemented although I believe that Atomix Productions had a little deal on the full version of the software which will grant you access to broadcast, mix videos and more.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:07 pm
It does have broadcast features, albeit slightly archaic.

You have "Main, Encoder, Ouput, Input" tabs on the screen when you have selected broadcast and clicked on "Start recording".

发表时间 Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:14 pm
Now, I'm confused :) loool

You profile says "Console 1 detected" and thats what you have been trying to do, and you made work :)

So what is the issue? your registration of the Console worekd fine :)
because, you DO have the Console1 correct ? With Virtual DJ console version 1.08 ?

Broadcast was not supported before Virtual DJ 2.1...

发表时间 Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)