快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: ASIO

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have 3 ASIO soundcards. ASIO with VDJ only works with 1 of them, with the other 2 (Terratec and SB Audigy2) it is giving me chipmunk sound probably due to incorrect frequency. The soundcard that it does work with (Echo Indigo DJ), I am getting problems with sound stuttering when the track on the other deck finishes playing. In addition, ASIO control panel in VDJ does not let me either choose the latency or the frequency of sound like my other ASIO capable software does. Should I stay away from ASIO alltogether at this point and waiting for a new version or is there an easy fix to this? I am not going to use ASIO4ALL drives, my soundcards work fine in ASIO mode with other software as it is.

发表时间 Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 7:38 pm
At this point VDJ sounds/works better with WDM drivers. And although ASIO would be the preferred audio interface IMO unless you use TCV you should be fine using WDM..

发表时间 Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 7:45 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for the reply Paul. VDJ has the most of actually usefull features of any DJ software out there and yet things like this prevent it from going into professioanl market. I hope they will be addressed.

VDJ is perfect for beginners, but I play at the biggest nightclubs in the city at which I still use CDs and turntables. People who say that you can't tell the difference in sound quality on a club sound system are completely wrong. It's actually even more apparent. I switched from laptop to vinyl or CDs many times during a set and the difference is none questionable.

发表时间 Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:05 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey i used to get that too where the song would stutter unless both decks were in 'play mode' with the play button lit up. used to have to restart vdj few times but this doesnt happen with my new system. This is with a terratec phase 88 PCI.

i also read with intrest pauls comments in another post that VDJ does not have position tracking when spinning the disk backwards, only velocity. could this explain what i experience when i backspin quite fast (and no the needle does not jump). i do the backspin and VDJ tracks this ok from my point of view but as soon as the record starts to pick up and rotating clockwise again and VDJ picks up its time code signal the position jumps to where it would have been if VDJ didnt drift. This would explain why this does not happen spinning forwards as VDJ can pick up time codes to constantly correct its drift.

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 4:34 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
paul is also rite in stating that it works better using WDM than ASIO

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 4:40 am

When you were switching between vinyl, cd, and VDJ, was it with the same track? What bit rate were your files? All media have their own nuances.

I play in a club with a "club sound system", and my music sounds fine. The reason is, I have changed my processors to cope with the subtle differences, of digital media. When I first played cd's on this system in 88', it sounded like shit. That's because I was used to the "wamth" of vinly. Forget the fact that CD's had no low end then. Constant changing the equalization, whenever I went from vinyl to CD. That was then. I have not used vinyl since 90'. I took the 1200's out of the club 5 years ago.

CD quality has greatly improved, and so has mp3's. I'd be willing to bet that your system was not set up using CD's or mp3's, but vinyl. I now only rip at 320 CBR. You can not hear a difference when I play a mp3 and the same song from a CD, at the same time. Digital media is not warm and fuzzy, so get used to it. That's why they make VST's, and DBX sells Driveracks.

Maybe the people that come to your club have pink noise meters, and are all audio engineers. The people that come to my club are trying to get laid, are high on something, and listen to mp3's on Ipods, with shitty headphones. They wouldn't know what good sound is, nor do they care.

That's why we are DJ's, trying to bring them back from the Darkside. I've been doing this for 37 years, and the only thing that has changed is the drugs they use, and the clothes they wear. Oh, and the music sucks, but that's another post.

Moderated by ACW. Delete de anonimous post.

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 7:56 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
A Man and His Music,

When you stay idle (or go and return later to continue typing), the system log you out and then when you "post" you are anonimous to the system. Your browser do the trick to log you in again, but the post was send it like anonimous before that. When you delay in typing your post or start now and continue an hour after, "Cut" (from Cut & Paste) your current text go back (to a previous page) by clicking the back arrow of the browser and, if you are out of the system, just login again and click the forward arrow and "Paste" the text you were working in; post it and never be anonimous again.

:-)

I use VBR 192 or CBR 320 and You can't tell me if I'm using a CD or an MP3, I agree with Man and His Music in this one. The quality of this coded MP3 is very good and it's nearly imposible to anyone to tell if there was a sound from an MP3 (like I said before) or from a CD.

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 9:09 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)