快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Help on Starting with Time Coded Vinyls

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been using Virtual Dj for about 2 years now and I am just now up grading to Time Coded Vinyls. I wanted to know if i would run into any problems with this particular set up before i order all of my equipment

Laptop-Dell inspiron 9100 with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU with 2.80GHz/512 ram/ Windows Xp Edition

Turntables- 2 Stanton T-80 Digital Turntables

Mixer- Stanton M. 304 3 Channel Mixer

Soundcard- Maya 44 USB Soundcard

2 Time Coded Vinyls

Should this set up present any problems in terms of my laptop specs and my turntable choice? And also do I need any other hard ware?

Thank You so much

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 4:41 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'd say ram might be an issue, maybe upgrade to another 512 but sounds good as far as i see. The tcb seem to take more

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 5:04 am
1) how would I upgrade Ram..and whats TCB?....thanks Listen

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 5:39 am
Also, would I need two external soundcards to plug into my USB ports of my laptop(A maya 44 and another) or would I just need one Maya and my internal Soundcard on my laptop to make the TCV'S function Correctly?

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 6:18 am
he means TCV timecoded vinyl. no the maya 44 would be the only soundcard needed as it has 4 mono inputs/outputs.

to upgrade ram, you can do it yourself, really easy or have computer shop do it.

on the bottom of laptop there is a little piece that unscrews and you will see 2 ram chips in there just replace em with 2, 512mb chips.

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:12 am
Thanks alot Gauge man...I saw ur profile man. Might not support the war but certainly support the troops. May God bless you out there and get home safely.

Dj Focus

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 9:40 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes sorry my FAT fingers typing away again. Try it with 512 it may work for you, but i think your much better off upping the RAM, I know i have to. Go for 1 Gb!

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:22 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your hardware is fine for TCV. To upgrade RAM you need to replace one of the cards in your laptop that most likely has 256 with another that has 512. You need to open up the bottom of your laptop (should be a separate "door" where you ram is). Typically you have two 256 cards. Take one out, go to your local computer store with the model number and info on your computer. I have 768 and it runs well. to get to 1 gb you would need two new cards which is rather expensive on a laptop. You can always start with 512, then go to 768 if you have problems and then 1 gig. If you're planning on doing videos you're definitely going to need 1gb.

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 5:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)