快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Turntable cartridges

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am looking for a good all-round good stylus and cartridge, one of mine is on the fritz so i need to replace it ASAP. I currently have stanton 680's because of the good balance between sound and rugged scratch performance without killing my vinyl. I was wondering what others use out there on the budget side of djing for any suggestions, thanks

发表时间 Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 10:28 pm
Numark CC-1 are decent all around carts and needles. used them for a good 6 months until I switched over to Ortofones

Best Regards DJ White Devil

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 12:55 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I use Stanton 681 (to rip my vinyls) and Shure SC35C for daily use (and scratch).

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 3:52 am

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 5:15 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't use TCV (?yet?) in VDJ, but I would think that the sound performance of a cartridge is not very important as long as it is good enough for VDJ to read the timecode. Therefore, you should probably conentrate more on ruggedness and tracking when choosing a cartridge for use with TCV.
I know that my Ortofon 'NightClubs' and Stanton 'ScratchMasters' always worked out well for me back in my vinyl days.

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 4:18 pm
very ture but if your also going to use real vinyl then sound does matter somewhat. Those 520's seem like good needle with lower price and a good balance. I think i might just go with my fav 680, at least i trust it

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 5:22 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ WhiteDevil, brendan brings up an interesting point. Did you notice a sound difference going from the NUmark's to the Ortofons on TCV? Listen2 I use the 680 also.

发表时间 Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 5:16 pm
Sound wise on TCV? no I didn't notice a sound difference. Don't forget that the sound going from your TTs gets muted from your soundcard so YOU don't hear any difference at all. The quality then lies in the soundcard itself.

If you would ask me if I noticed a sound difference using REAL vinyl, yes I did notice a small difference in sound but not anything really amazing as if I would go from a 30$ el cheapo needle to an ortofon.

with TCV its all about tracking. How well can your needles track the vinyl. Soundwise you can careless since you don't hear it at all. If your switching from TCV to regular vinyl then I would definatelly recommend a good sounding needle so that you can get evenly matched sound to a good soundcard.

If I would compare the TCV noise between the 2 needles, all I can tell you that the loud ear piercing noise is about the same LOL.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)