快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video Lagging Behind Audio Continues - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

OK, I have been working with this problem for weeks and I have tried everything I can think of.
The video usually lags further and further behind the audio the longer the song goes on. In a 6 minute song, the video might be more than a minute behind the audio by the time it is done.

I have upgraded to 2 G RAM
upgraded my video card to a 6600 GL
I have a P4 3 GHZ processor
I have VDJ 3.1
I have tried all Reactivity settings in config
I have told MSCONFIG not to run any startup items
Sometimes the third and 4th song in a session is worse than the first--even if I am playing the same video over and over.
This happens with vob, mpeg 1, 2, divx, and mpeg4
I have tried Elecard, Sonic, and Cyberlink codecs with Windows Media Player (which I have to use because the built in video decoder doesn't work with everything--especially ripped music/concert DVDs, which are some of my best stuff.)
Any ideas?

发表时间 Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:52 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dan,

I had a similar problem a couple years back and it turned out to be a problem with the program I was using to rip the videos. Apparently, it was processing the audio normally, but assumed that the video was PAL (~25 fps) as opposed to NTSC (~30 fps) and so the audio and video would be in sync at the beginning, but as the song went on, the video would lag the audio more and more. By the end of a 5 minute song, the video would be about 1500 frames behind, which is 1 minute in PAL.

What ripper are you using?
Have you tried playing those videos in media player directly?

发表时间 Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 5:49 pm
I mainly use Smart Ripper to .vob files and all of the files work perfectly in anything other than VDJ. Also the problem gets worse sometimes. If it were the rip, I suspect it would be consistent. I have some that were done with another program (whose name escapes me) and those also mess up.

发表时间 Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:14 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I had a similar problem but only with 2 videos... But I think was an issue when I rip them. When I get the answer I share it with you.

发表时间 Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:57 pm
I may have figured it out. I think my Virtual Memory was too low. Under DJ_Ossig's Video Lag topic I posted a suggestion for him to try that outlines what I did. I am unable to recreate the lagging at home after implementing this change but I will give it the road test tonight and report back. Only a lottery winner is happier than I will be if I finally got this thing solved.

发表时间 Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 11:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Is this happening with Promo or Screenplay dvds?

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 12:11 am
All videos but sometimes worse than other times--even with the same video. I don't have screenplay videos but it does happen with PO vids and commercial rips and all type of rips from mpeg I to MPEG II/vob. Seems MAY be worse when automatic mixing is on and seems MAY get worse the longer VDJ is running. 5th song worse than 1st. 10th worse than 5th. Still testing to verify that though.

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 12:59 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are having this problem with the vob files ripped directly from PromoOnly DVDs then that rules out the files themselves because smartripper just takes the original vob, and doesn't do any processing other than to split it by chapter. Must be the codec you are using for MPEG2. Which one do you use?

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 4:18 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The problem is the elecard codec he has to use to play back the "store bought" videos, this never happens with the internal decoder.

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 5:47 pm
No adjustment to my virtual memory fixed the problem. It seems to be a little better but I'm not sure. On some last night the video was up to a full minute behind the audio. Embarrasing at best.

DJCyder is correct. I checked and the lagging problem doesn't seem to exist at all with the internal decoder, which I assume would be much more efficient than using an outside program like Windows Media Player. From my testing, the internal decoder is faster and much, much better than any other option--if it works on the file in question. The internal decoder doesn't handle all types of formats--especially almost all of my commercial rips. So I am using Windows Media Player. I have tried the Elecard, Sonic, and Cyberlink codecs. All produce lagging. With the internal decoder, the videos are either dead on perfect (Promo Only rips), or I get an error message when attempting to load (some commercial rips), or there is a loud hash noise demolishing the music (some commercial rips.)

I guess my options are

a) find a better codec for Windows Media Player. Any ideas? And is this hopeless because the problem might be the fact that I am using an external program rather than the internal video decoder?

b) continue to rip to vob for Promo Only dvds but find a different (slooooowwwweeeeerrrrr, lol) method of ripping commercial dvds. DJCyder has suggested dvddecrypter. Anyone have other ideas.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 6:03 am
I just noticed this on some of my videos. I don't know what you guys are talking about, so could you break it down, so an idiot can get it.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 6:43 am
I just checked and these files play fine in Power DVD. What decoders are you guys talking about, where are they, how do I change them. I use Promoonly and TM Century DVDs, Rip to VOB, and use smartripper.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 7:10 am
All of my rips play perfectly in everything except VDJ. That said, most of my rips also play perfectly in VDJ with the internal video decoder. And if VDJ's internal video decoder handles that particular rip, it plays much, much better with the internal decoder than with any external decoder option. But VDJ's internal decoder doesn't handle my rips from "store bought" dvd's well when they are ripped to .vob files using smart ripper--even though other players play them perfectly. I get a hash noise or a flat out error when attempting to load. So I have had to switch to the external Windows Media Player option for all of these extensions.

In the Extensions tab in config, there is a setting for each file extension. The files .mpeg, .mpg, and .vob are by default set to the internal video decoder. You have the option of setting them to Windows Media Player decoder if you have some files that will not play with the default video decoder.

In order to make this work, you have to have a codec installed to play these files in Windows Media Player. elecard and nvidia are two common ones.

Here is a good primer on codecs: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/codecs.aspx

Here is a page with codecs: http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemList.aspx?typeid=8

I think the problem of intermittent video lagging is caused by using an external decoder as opposed to the internal decoder. It would make sense that the programs built-in decoder would do things in a more efficient manner than any option of porting out, for lack of a better term.

I have a P4 running at 3 ghz with 2 G of ram. I don't know of what else I can do to supe up the hardware. So I'm beginning to think that external video decoding is simply not going to work. I think my only solution is to come up with a complicated ripping process that will result in all of my files being compatible with VDJ's internal video decoder.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 8:57 am
I think it might be a good thing to know more about your system... for example, what Graphics card are you using? And then, what driver version... I bet a dollar for donuts that you are using some sort of ATI card and maybe the current 5.9 drivers... would I be far off? I'm using an ATI 9800 XT with current drivers... as we seem to be having IDENTICAL problems, I'd like to isolate it to a chipset.

For me, I too get the error when trying to play MPG files that I have ripped from VOBs using WOBLE to disect them. They work perfectly in Nero, Windows Media Player, etc. They just lag behind in VDJ... I wonder if I turn DOWN the video acceleration or some other setting if that will help. If you are using an NVIDIA chipset graphics card, you've blown my theory out of the water and we will need to isolate what we have in common.

My system is:
AMD Barton 3000+ @ 400MHZ FSB
Dual Channel DDR 3200 Ram @ 400 MHZ 2Gig
Asus A7N8X AGP 1.04
(That means Nvidia Motherboard Chipset)
Two HDDs, Video is on SECONDARY HDD with 250GB capacity DMA 5
Sound Card is Audigy 2 ZS (Model 0240 Proprietary)

I can play BF2 on this system now with NO problems.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 9:26 am
Well I wish it were the card but I have pretty much ruled that out.

I have upgraded my system to battle this issue to no avail.

I have gone from an ATI card that came with my Dell Dimension 8400 to a (Nvidia based) GeForce 6600 256 and then to a GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express card w 128 MB RAM and GDDR3 memory. (Note that according to DJCyder this is the same card that the VDJ developers use to write the source code for VDJ.)

I also went from 512MB of ram to 2 GB of Patriot EP +XBL Extreme Performance DDR2 RAM. This had no effect on the video lagging issue. (Although my system is faster overall and the karaoke files don't seem to crash my system every 30 seconds so I'm happy with the upgrade even though it didn't fix the video lagging issue that motivated my purchase.)

Removing the entire startup from msconfig and playing with the virtual memory settings seems like it may have had a slight effect, but I'm not sure. And I still had several lagging problems last night with this setup. Sometimes a video ends up a full minute or more behind the audio, then the next one is fine. Sometimes a video keeps freezing and unfreezing and then the next one is fine.

I am leaning toward the theory that VDJ simply doesn't do well with anything other than the built in video decoder. And if that doesn't handle the file, you'll have to either 1) rip it down to MPEG I or something, 2) rip it to some other format (hours upon hours as opposed to a straight rip w Smart Ripper) with a lower audio or video format to make it compatible, or 3) simply not play it. None of these options appeals to me, lol.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 10:32 am
Fellows,

In some DVDs you have AC3 or LPCM sound options. VDJ Video Internal Decoder works only with LPCM audio. With Smartripper you could only select LPCM (2ch) to rip your DVDs. USe the stream Processing option in Smartripper.

But some DVDs only comes with AC3 (6ch), and you have to use Windows Media Player decoder for that...

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 5:24 pm
Would there be a way to see what audio is encoded in an mpg file? Some sort of software? Then, if there is, couldn't you convert it? I think Divx does... anything else AFTER we've converted? I think I will try some experimentation with this to see what happens.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 6:47 pm
You could get a MPEG-2 and convert it to DivX6 format. You can also get your VOB files and convert them to MPEG-2 PC standard with another software. VDJ internal video decoder will work with them.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 6:55 pm
do you have a suggestion on what software to use to convert vob to mpeg II PC standard? I have tried mpeg IV and the quality degradation was noticable. I assume divx6 is not as good as MPEG II but I'm only guessing.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 7:39 pm
I have confirmed that one of the files in question IS AC3 format. It stands to reason this issue (thanks CYDER). I haven't done the "STREAMING" process, but in my mind, stream means "processing" which means slower reproduction, am I wrong?

BTW, I used Virtual Dub Mod to open the files (they wouldn't open as MPG in Virtual Dub original) Once I had the file in there, it told me they were AC3...

Seems I remember there was a way to take a file and run it through the processors without it being played... It was a Microsoft program they pulled where you would take the file and run it through a series of processors and yield a file... I'll look for it.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 8:24 pm
51%