快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Discussion for the Pros

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there guys,
I've just upgraded to virtual DJ and i'm loving it now it doesn't cut out every 15 minutes,

I know i've wanted to DJ as a proffesion since I was 15, I just love it.

So right now I just have virtual DJ and i'm aware of the power behind it's interface, and also that it features more possibilites than cd mixers, vinyl etc (without spending thousands)

So to play in a club i'm going to have to splash out on laptop, what kind of specifications would be ideal for digital dj'ing?,and what price, and also from where?

also I would like to keep a professional image and also have some hardware to play with, which good mixers are most compaitable with vdj? and also could you pleae tell me what equipment your using? and how much succes your having with that gear.

I sopose I will need a dual soundcard if I want the biz, any comments?.

Pleae help me, my knowledge of the latest equipment is poor,

p.s I would like this subject to continue for the proffesional dj's using vdj, so we can all heve up to date information on the scene and for the equipment to get the job done in a pete tong fashion!.

with regards bagpuss

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 9:10 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
My laptop specs are as follows :

PIV, 2.6ghz, 512ddr ram, 60 gig hdd, 1024 x 768 screen resolution.

I use the onboard soundcard and use a y splitter to 2 mono full channels. My laptop cost me $2600 CAD. I would suggest maybe a little more ram. Thats it !

For the audio equipment it can vary. In my club we have DOD and compressors but its not neccessary. Any 2 channel mixer with a good crossfader and seperate eq's for each channel will do. Behringer has great mixers that are less expensive.

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 9:28 pm
To homeboy,
I bet you'd prefer to be playing in stereo?, and with an external mixer would it corrospond with vdj, move the crossfader on-screen as you do it on the the mixer, equalizer etc, and are some mixers better suited to the software?.

And mate, could you give me any advice on what you'd show up with if you were to get your firt gig in a commercial club with an expected people count of 4-600?, other than being nervous of course........

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 9:44 pm
Actually I prefer mono. Our house system uses subwoofers and it would be awful if it was in stereo because some beats or sounds could be missed. Most major venues I would say use mono. Stereo is for home use. As for what to show up with I would say to find out what style the club owner wants then search online that genre for the latest hits. I go to work with 4,000 - 10,000 songs depending on the venue.
As for the crossfader moving on screen that works with DJ Console but I do not reccomend that unit for pro use. If you have 2 seperate channels it doesn't matter what happens on screen.

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 9:46 pm
I think I understand you about the two channels bit, say deck a is going through the left channel and deck b the right, so it's just two sounds to the mixer and vdj becomes like a cd player, but I bet if I had a mixer I would keep grabbing out for the mouse to be sure I get the mix right, for example if I want to crossfade the bass as it kicks in on the track your introducing to the audience. and i'm really suprised that most clubs are using mono, i mean it makes sense but I can't imagine not listening in stereo. and the club that I want to play at is a very commercial young persons club, so it's chart, r'n'b, hip hop and a bit of dance, you usual club affair or at least in england. But i'm just betting the hardest part is getting the opportunity to get in the dj box and do your thing........?

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 10:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree with Home... most clubs are set up in such a way that unless you are standing in the exact center of the speakers, the stereo seperation would be lost.
I use a Sony Vaio laptop, athelon xp 1300 with 512 of ram. Unfortunately I can't increase the ram any further. If I was buying a laptop today I'd have to insist on at least a gig of RAM. (hopefully soon)
I use the single on board sound for split mono output 2 nights a week, and a telex usb sound device as a 2nd sound device for stereo out put 1 night a week.
Any decent mixer.
Leave the crossfader on your VDJ in the center, set to full, and use the mixer for channel control. I don't even use the crossfader on the mixer, but just the channel sliders.
Best thing you can do is get a system, like a mobile system, set it up in your house, and play and play and play.
The only way to get familiar with equipment is to use it.

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 10:18 pm
ok thanks, I think the external mixer bit will click in my head when I get one and try it for the first time, I just hope it gives the desired effect, but with vdj I couldn't expect otherwise, I just ordered some accoustic floor speakers for 150 pounds, their 220 watts, so they should do me for home use, I'm quite worried about setting up at a club with all the wires etc, whether I should stick to using the onboard sound card and hoping the club will accept mono, and also that I have the right leads. it's all a bit daunting at this moment in time but I've had this on my mind for a long time and I think life's too short not to fulfil thinks you feel passionate about, so I know i'll get their in time and you guys are a great help.

just another small question, what reception do you guys get when people see your spining mp3's on a laptop?, I can imagine some people undermining me like i should using old fashioned vinyl...

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 10:31 pm
Most people will be excited to see what can be done via your laptop.

发表时间 Thu 11 Mar 04 @ 12:13 am
Hi again guys, I've just got my new speakers and the only thing that i'm missing with my home set up is the ability to cue the songs in via the headphones, I've heard some of you guys talking about splitters so you can have 2 mono outputs going through one stereo soundcard, could you please tell me how to do this and if I have to buy anything exactly?,

When I play commercially I sopose i'll use something like the Xp10's or just buy a dual soundcard if stereo is required, I sopose some people would demand stereo?,

Thanks in advance boys.

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 04 @ 7:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)