快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Scratch Technique

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Ok, I've never owned a vinyl, so if this is a stupid tip don't beat me up. By the way, I'm really interested in finding a video clip or movie that shows a good example of a DJ doing some scratching (where you can see the what he's doing on the mixer and the record being scratched). Anybody know of one?

Ok, so you set a cue point (I like to set these on the fly a lot) and then manually spin the turntable record back (it will do it's scratch sound here) for either 1 or 2 beats and press the number to the cue you just made. I guess you might call this a stutter effect, but it's tough to get good enough with the mouse or console jogwheel to be able to spin it back exactly to the beat you want to stutter back to, and i found it impossible to use this to stutter back more than 2 beats, and this is why I use the cue setting to help out.

Another interesting effect I found came when I was playing around with the Hercules console. I had one track playing, had the other deck paused so I could use the jogwheel to scratch. I found a nice little effect in some song of mine that made a nice scratch sound when turning the jogwheel in reverse. THen I played around with trying to play this reverse sound multiple times (quickly), then tried practicing with the crossfader so that you wouldn't hear me cue up to the beginning of the sound bit I was playing backwards. After finding I wasn't much good at doing this quickly, I realized I could just make a cue point at the end of the little sound clip, spin the jogwheel backwards (continually) and press the corresponding cue number (on the keyboard) to cue it to the right place as many times as I needed, and as fast as I wanted. This eliminates me having to spend time spinning the record forwards to get back to the point at which I would like to play backwards.

Boy this stuff is hard to describe to you guys in words. If its unclear, just ask me to expand :)...

So, about videos that show DJ's scratching (so that I can skip the part where I try to invent everything that has already been invented), could anyone point me in the right direction?

发表时间 Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 5:41 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are many videos showing differents dj's contest, where you see the hands of the dj's. But I don't know where you can find it. Specialized stores I guess?

FRUiT94

发表时间 Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 1:02 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
OjLeno:
Try to scratch with the stick of the console (enable this feature in options).
It give me a better sound than the jogwheels.
With some work, you will be able to make some interesting scratch effects that you can do with wheels.
Moreover, you don't need to stop your song to scratch it with the stick.

Good scratch and Merry X-Mix!

发表时间 Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 3:09 pm
Go download the software sharing program DC++ and do a search for Dj Battles. They show some good scratching especially for the DMC Comps.

发表时间 Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 6:46 pm

发表时间 Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 11:42 am
The link doesn't work so go to pssl.com and click on the books/video tab.

How are post edited on this message board?

发表时间 Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 11:47 am
i use to search the web for little tutorials and i found some that actually taught me the idea behind scratching and it gives u some tips and tricks u can use and the rest is just practice and some fun

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 4:31 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)