快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: ONLINE DJ COMPETITION

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

As many of you know, atomixmp3, nescafe and ministry of sound have come together to offer a dj comp. using atomixmp3. It is fundamentally wrong. Here's why:

Those of us that use and love atomix choose to do so because it is intrinsically BETTER and MORE VERSATILE than two turntables. I can testify, as thousands of others can as well that us digital DJs (myself a 4-year veteran) could SERVE any fool on two turntables. Why the hell is the competition with atomix, but the finalists must prove their turntable skills?!? I can mix records as good as the next guy, but what makes me different is the sampling, looping, cuttting, fx, of atomixmp3 that allows me to REMIX a set live as opposed to mixing it. Why can't all the vinyl purists give us digital dj's a chance? I have logged over 700+ hours of mixing with atomix in front of crowds, many with well over 600 people. I have mixed for clubs, bars, fraternities, small raves, house parties, big parties, small parties and used atomix every single day for the past 2.5 years! Not a single party I play goes by without at least 3 or 4 people telling me I am the best DJ they have ever heard. My 70 minute live mix CD is better than half the djs I go to see. The last thing I want to do is show my skills to these losers and then get disqualified because I CHOOSE NOT TO USE RECORDS! The rules state you must prove your skills on tables in a video--so this is really just a normal turntablist competition. F*CK turntables! Let us use atomix!!!!!

Steph, Yan-x, Mama---- You guys should be apalled with this! If anything is to be done, you're the ones who can do it. Let us prove once and for all that we CAN and WILL serve any motherf*cker on two decks!

As For the rest of you- We need your help!!
Speak up and be heard!!!
Post! Post! Post! Lets show them that we won't stand for it!

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 9:46 am
Correction: in a video, you must play with Atomix. The turntables = virual turnables.

When can we get the results?

Besides, the winner of contest, if that one mix with the numark controller (and mix table, of course), the little world of turntable DJ's will be more open to Atomix user (a little, I think). Or... it will be a real menace! ;)

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 12:31 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I also thought that we had to use turntables, I am not sure where it is posted but I know we can use Atomix to enter the competition. I would like to hear your 70 min remix, maybe you could upload it to me.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 2:38 pm

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 4:55 pm
Thanks for the link!

We can use Atomix!!! Thank God!!!

I thought I read on the site the contest ends august 30th, but some people keep saying that it is over already!

What's the deal?

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:37 am
dj homeboy--

I am in the process of uploading my mix to live365.com

I will post when it is ready to go!

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:38 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I made it through the european section. And now have to do the video. However, I am not experienced with real decks. I have been using atomix now for 2 years and love using it. MP3 MIXING IS THE FUTURE. Help me enter an atomixmp3 video by all emailing the nescafelive competition and explainimg that its the way the music sounds not the equiptment you use counts.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 11:24 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)