快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: sound cards

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi.

I thought about replacing both my audio cards to one card.

Now, i saw all these "MP3 support" cards like the live mp3, audiogy mp3 and more, which leads me to my question...
how much does this mp3 acceleration means? will it really reduce the overload from my CPU? will it make the system
more stable?
if not, is there any big difference (to atomix mp3) between
creative audiogy / live / pci 512 ?

Thanks

Guy

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 10:20 am
Good Question. IM gonna wait for the answer with ya.

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 12:32 pm
I'm not sure about that. My guess would be that the computer would run faster. I have a soundblaster live! xgamer, and it's great. It's 3d so that I can use speakers and headphones on two separate channels. Soundblaster is definetily the way to go!!

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 1:06 pm
atomixmp3 doesn't support any "specialty" stuff in soundcars. the 3d rear out support is "special" and even it doesn't seem to work in all configurations.

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 2:26 pm
my question was if the mp3 capabilities of live / audiogy will
reduce the load from the cpu...

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:28 pm
My question is ... will those sound cards have better quality than your basic 16 bit ??

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 2:16 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Well, I think this is the answer:

"mp3"-cards only give better performance when ripping a cd, or when using special dll libs when decoding (playing) the song. Atomix doesn't uses these decoders.

You only need a 16 bit card, because all MP3's are ripped at 16 bit. A CD (audio) is only in the 16 bit format, so it's logical MP3's are also. If you rip at 8 bit (try it once!) your sound is really terrible. Only for record purpose (in a (home-)studio) you need more but 16 bit, for good recording quality. For playback only 16. Only the Audigy supports 24 bit (when you're talking about a "normal" soundcard).

Greetz, ikke

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 6:43 pm
thanks Ikke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 11:43 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)