快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: It sure got quiet in here

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not much going on around here since the update was promised by the end of the month. I just can't believe it's only the 5th. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Anxiously waiting,

Rick

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 8:09 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Okay we're the 5th, the developpement team announced it for this month, so please allow them at least 25 days :)) Don't worry I really think you'll have it for Xmas !

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 8:15 pm
I know what you mean, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas as well, it's a nostalgic feeling. I think everyone has decided to not say anything and just wait for the new version now. Not long to go, I find the months and days race by at an alarming rate. I'll be a grandad record spinner before I know it.

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 11:34 pm
Dams, I sure wasn't trying to push anyone here... just saying that this is an exciting time for a Atomix customer. I check here just about daily for new posts, now it seems that everyone has crawled into the woodwork.
He did say before the end of the month, so we are now under 25 days and counting. WHOO HOO!! This is the longest Christmas Eve ever!!

Can't sleep,

Rick

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 12:39 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
LOL ! :))

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 12:55 am
Any idea how much different 1.2 is going to be than the ejay software that is released now?

My suggestion (for what its worth) is to aim more technically on the market than what ejay has done.. sure the eq is nice as well as the few effects they give you, but the program looks so damned cheesy yet it has the potential to be very powerful.

Hopefully the following suggestions reach the right person and some of them possibly can be implemented in future versions of the software.

1) Interface. get a professional looking interface... the default skin for 1.12 isnt too bad but its still a bit lacking and the visual eq at the top of the program is a bit hard to see on my laptop (where i use atomix the most), maybe a user definable option in the settings would work. Do without the big junky looking sliders and lose the blinking effects that go with the beat. all that does is take up valuable system resources.
Pitch sliders, make them sliders again instead of what they have turned into.

2) Setup Options. A bit more description rather than just a picture of a sound card and a speaker would be nice for the sound setup. In addition to maybe a few more options such as setting a right/left mono main/monitor setup or something along those lines. Also, distinguish a difference between auto bpm and auto beatmatch as these titles for options are kind of confusing. I was also a much bigger fan of the 1.12 bpm counter as well as the information display about each track.

3) Shortcut keys. whatever happened to adjusting pitch controls with the up/down arrows. A shortcut key definition option would be nice as well. That way we can define our own shortcut keys as to what makes sense to us.

4) Default slider/knob positions. Add something if the user hits ctrl and clicks on a knob or slider it will return to its default position, in addition to having a kill switch stay killed if they hit ctrl while right clicking on it. That way we dont have to hold down the key to have the bass killed, etc.

5) add pitch control to samples. Add a bpm or pitch slider for the samples so u can speed them up when they are played. Also, maybe some effects options would work too...

Someday hopefully more decks will be added... ;)

You guys really have a kickass product here and endless possibilities... I just hope it doesnt get ruined for the sake of cheesiness or cuz the program got bought out somewhere along the line.

Keep up the good work!
-Noah

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 8:11 am
Couldn't agree with you more :-)

Dj T-Bone

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 10:35 am
It's getting closer! With every passing day I hold my breath when I launch my e-mail. Here we are at the 9th. Almost one third of the way through the month. I've got a special Atomix download folder all ready to receive the next version. The excitement mounts. I try to tell my wife about it, but she doesn't quite see the significance. With every passing weekend, I wonder/hope as I'm tearing down the sound system on Saturday night if this will be the last gig with 1.12. I still feel like a kid waiting for christmas.... This is the longest Christmas eve ever!!

I sure hope Santa still has my E-mail address.

Rick

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 6:35 pm
I think we'll have to wait till november the 30th, time for them to fix as many bugs as they can.

发表时间 Sat 10 Nov 01 @ 2:11 pm
Are we there yet??

发表时间 Mon 12 Nov 01 @ 5:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)