快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Does anyone know the EJAY MIXSTATION

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have read in the EJAY site that they have a program called DJ MIXSTATION, but my question is that if ATOMIX is speaking to EJAY can this be the new software that everybody is waiting for or is that software a copy of the ATOMIXMP3 V1.12
Has anyone tested this program?

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 8:32 pm
Read the old posts on this forum. Ejay are suppliers of Atomix 1.2, although they have jumped ahead of schedule and released Atomix 1.2 beta version, which they shouldn't have done, they should have waited for the final version to be completed.

Atomix are right now in talks with Ejay to find out why they released the beta version. Atomix have stated that the Atomixmp3 version of 1.2 final will be released before the end of November.

I have tried mix station (atomix 1.2 beta) and it is buggy, which isn't surprising for quite an old beta version. It is good although still lacking in some functions and features. A definite improvement on 1.12 though. Yan said that the final version that Atomix users will see will be different to the beta we have tried, as it will be more semi pro/pro. I don't know exactly what this means, but I think it may mean that the final release will have more/different features with improvements not yet visible in the beta version.

We will have to wait and see.

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 8:40 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Have I REALLY said THAT ?

MixMaster, I can't exactly know which version you have received (personnaly I have tested about 10 beta versions) but in all the case the final release will not have the huge bugs that you have found in the Beta (as on the plugins page!)

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 9:11 pm
Yes you did. You said that the Atomixmp2 1.2 final version would be more for pro/semi-pro users.

You also said that 'at best' Ejay had released the July version of Atomix. That means it is from July or before...to me that is old.

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 11:48 pm
By "more pro" I think Yan-X just meant "not bugged"...

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 2:10 am
I have read my recent posts and i have never talked about a more "professional" version ! I will continue to search in the others topics but if you remember the url don't hesitate to mail it back @ yannick@atomixmp3.com

I really don't remember to have posted this kind of messages

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 4:13 am
Yan, you really did say that. Unfortunately I think that the message was posted on one of the deleted topics.

Will the final program be exactly the same as the beta that Ejay released, i.e. no more coding will have been added, it will have all the same features, no more, no less? (minus the bugs of course).

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 7:55 am
You know it is a dfficult question to answer for me but normally we have not planned any new big features. We have simply new ideas to add; and in all the case, it is with more time that our product will begin more and more complete, I mean with more and more features (because I think that the 1.2 is already a complete software)

Hope this message answer your question !

Note : Of course the first difference beetween the beta and the release version will be the number of bugs we have found :)

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 10:38 am
Oh, I was just wondering because there are some things that I found in Ejay Mix Station that I thought could have been done differently. I realise there is plenty of time for new features to be added with every new version, and that not all features can be done in just one upgrade, so my ideas are nothing to do with new features, as clearly they can not be added at this stage to 1.2 and would be best left for ideas for 1.3, etc.

My idea was that the equalizer knobs could do with being bigger. I find that they are a bit on the small size, and since you have to double-click on the centre area of the knob to reset it, the smaller knobs can be very difficult, as it's easy to miss the centre and click on the edge which does nothing.

That's the only thing I found I had trouble with. Although would I be right in thinking that the size of the equalizer knobs is simply to do with the skin, and therefore easily changeable and most likely to be changed on all the different skins that will become available?

I will start looking for some skins now, as I think Ejay had a few on their site, although they didn't say where/how to download them. Anybody?

One last thing, would it be possible to have the equalizers work in hardware mode? It would be great if they could.

Thanks

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 1:24 pm
Hardware mode is for professional use, I mean to use Atomixmp3 with an external mixtable so the equalizers are useless in this mode as you can use your table's equalizer.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 6:11 pm
I have no external mixer but want to use hardware mode simply because it is faster and higher quality. I would also like to use the equalizers, but I can't do so in hardware mode.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 6:20 pm
Well, before mixmaster and yanx begin to fight again, let's talk about the difference between djmixstation and atomixv1.2.
First, in djmixstation, you can't set the output mode to "external mixtable". You can only use normal or headphone output. A few other things will differ, such as atomix's shortcut editor with which you can create macros on key stroke. We are also currently working on a more professional sampler/looper, but I can't assure yet that it will be ready for the 1.2 release. If it's not, we will issue a 1.21 as soon as it is.

Oh, and by the way, about the hardmode and equalizer problem: what makes the hardmode faster is exactly the fact that the computer doesn't compute the equalizers, so it would be pointless to have a hardmode with equalizers :)

Stephane C.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 3:19 pm
No MixMaster and me are the best friends, aren't we ?

LOL
Regards,
yan-X

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 3:31 pm
Of course we are.

Best of buddies.

:0)

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 4:52 pm
Wow, a LOOPER is planned ?

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 4:53 pm
Ok....by Stephane telling us a looper has been planned...he has made me an Atomix fan for life. However, (dev team PLEASE keep this in mind..) A looper can be pretty much useless with out a loop in/loop out adjustment, as on pioneer's new CD players. Without being able to adjust the start and end points of a loop, you have to be perfectly in time with your mouse clicks. Either way...a looper/sampler is the most awesome way to inject your own creativity into a set. Bravo to the atomix team for considering that. Look foward to my future with Atomix. Just stay true to your word team!

the Goner

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 8:12 am
the looper is done this way (in my imagination):

You select from 1/2,1,2,3,4,8,16,free to descripe the length of how many beats is the loop.

Then u just click the grab button which 'records' from the currently going on beat to the current + selected beat so it might be from -0.6 beats to 15.4 .. or if you press the start-from-next-beat record-button, then from the 0.4 to 16.4 - presuming you are currently at point 0 where time has elapsed from the last beat for 0.6 beats.

other mode is the "free mode" where you find the loop-in and out points.. which is not suitable for fast "live" sampling of the currently playing song..

cause atomixmp3 knows where the currently playing beat ends, it can do the sampling stuff easily without much manual adjustments..

other improvement i'd like to see is changing the mode of what happens when your "slide" the wave display with mouse button pressed.

Currently it Moves the song, so that's why there's the "crackling" effect thats easy to hear most of the time.
If it could be changed to "pitch bend" mode, there would be no annoying clicking/crackling.
in this mode, the playing song is either made little slower or faster, depending how much or rapidly you move your mouse from the point there you pressed the mouse button. Very simple, i don't see how they didn't figure to do it this way from the beginning??

I'll post this msg to wish list so it's not forgotten here..

D-JAY

PS. If the someone needs a picture of how i exactly mean, i can try do one..

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 12:55 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)