快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Improved Shoutcast-support

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This is something I've wanted to see in AtomixMP3/VirtualDJ since I first saw the Broadcast-function:
a way to update track-info without typing in the DSP-plugin.
And now I've found a way which a LOT of people are probably already using but it would be nice to have built in (or maybe some clever programmer can make a plugin for it?).

Typing in the DSP-plugin is bad for 2 reasons:
1. Atomix (not sure about VirtualDJ though) still reacted to the typing as if I were using the keyboard shortcuts even though the DSP-plugin had focus and Atomix was in the background.
2. Changing ANY information about the stream/title in the plugin forces it to drop the connection to the server and reconnect (atleast using the latest Shoutcast DSP from Nullsoft)

I'd like to see a way of sending the Artist - Title (or Title Artist, or any other practical combination of trackinfo) from Deck A, Deck B or the deck that the crossfader is leaning the most towards to the server.
Maybe a few more buttons on the Record-screen when you've chosen Broadcast:
[Send track/title A] [Send track/title B] [Send custom title: _____ ]

The easiest way to update the track info on a shoutcast-server without tampering with the sourceplugin(which forces reconnections) is explained here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=214d1336901eeeb5365c650e6b2c67f7&threadid=88962

发表时间 Tue 25 Nov 03 @ 10:12 am
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good idea to send Artist & Song title to Broadcast Plugin.

Use Shoutcast Plugin with winamp instead of use it with VDJ.
In this way, you won't have a window in foreground to disturb you.

Gwenn

发表时间 Tue 25 Nov 03 @ 4:00 pm
Not much feedback on my suggestion, eh? Just one reply? :)

It took me about an hour to make a nice looking HTML-form with a couple of fields that generate an url like the one below when you click Submit.
http://server:port/admin.cgi?pass=MyPassword&mode=updinfo&song=MySongTitle&url=MySongURL

It seems to me that this would be an easy feature to add to VirtualDJ but I have my own solution working now AND it works with any possible usage/implementation of Nullsoft Shoutcast-server.

If you want to build your own HTML-form:
* Use method="URL" for the form and action="http://server:port/admin.cgi"

* Make sure the input-fields are in the right order: pass, mode, song, url. Not sure if they have to be but I experienced some trouble when they weren't so it feels better knowing that they are in the same order as the example URL mentioned in the thread above.

发表时间 Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 4:18 pm
Oh.. I forgot:
using the DSP through Winamp helps get rid of the window so it is a good idea but the source-plugin still disconnects&reconnects if you try to change the track-info in that window so it was a sound advice but not a solution to the problem :)

(The problem that DSP-plugin can't be minimized by itself has nothing to do with VirtualDJ but it really is a shame that it can't be used properly with VDJ or any other program without having it in plain sight...)

发表时间 Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 4:23 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)