快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Rane One stop glitch
Just bought Rane One and noticed strange behaviour of motorized platters. When stopping the playback, it didn't stop smoothly as on real turntables but with kind of little ram up or "jump"
I tried to change all settings for motor and ramp up with no luck.
Any advises?

发表时间 Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 7:48 am
Try seeing if setting rampStartTime, rampStopTime and rampScratchTime to zero helps.

发表时间 Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 11:45 am
Still could not find solution. Still have kind of micro "ramp up" when stopping. here are my setting for motor and ramp time. Tried in Serato - sounds smooth.
Any Rane One user here?

发表时间 Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 6:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you don't want any ramp then motorWheelInstantStop should be set to Yes

发表时间 Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 7:11 pm
In addition to what Adion has said(which should be the solution to your specific problem), I can see from your pictures that you did not set rampScratchTime to zero as I previous suggested. Please do that as well (it's something I found that benefitted my scratching on both controllers and DVS usage, making it more comparable to alternatives).

发表时间 Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 7:20 pm
Adion wrote :
If you don't want any ramp then motorWheelInstantStop should be set to Yes

Yes, it helps a little bit. Audio slowing down sounds a little bit smoother but it doesn't solve my problem - "small jump/ ramp up" on stop.
I have a feeling that it is somehow related to "rampStopTime". When it is higher than 0 there is obvious jump, like pushing record with fingers. Tthat small jump remains when value is 0. Setting it to negative values apparenty doesn't make a diffrenece, it equals to 0.

发表时间 Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 8:16 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
In addition to what Adion has said(which should be the solution to your specific problem), I can see from your pictures that you did not set rampScratchTime to zero as I previous suggested. Please do that as well (it's something I found that benefitted my scratching on both controllers and DVS usage, making it more comparable to alternatives).

Tried, don't hear any real difference

发表时间 Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 8:24 pm
It's not about hearing in this case, it's about feel (how responsive the software is to your scratching).

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 3:33 am
Any comments from VDJ staff on this?

发表时间 Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 11:14 am
While you wait for staff to comment:

The ramp*Time options all start with a description like "Simulate how a real turntable..", and all seem to be smoothing delays to the track movement when it is being manipulated by hand.
You are using a motorized controller, which pretty much needs no such simulation/smoothing...the hardware is doing that job (it already behaves like a real turntable and has controls for motor start and brake times).
It is that, the difference I felt as a result and the behaviour compared to other competing software that made me set all of those ramp*Time settings to zero.

发表时间 Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 1:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have the ramp settings to default.
Have the motor settings to default, except motorWheelInstantStop, which could help with a bit better results.
But it's mostly the Stop time knob 26 which needs to be set at a position other than 0 in order to get some brake effect like a TT. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/one/layout/decks.html

You don't get the Deck stopping like a TT ?
If not, please record what you get and share your recording here.

发表时间 Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 4:41 pm

发表时间 Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 6:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
thank you for sharing your recording. We are looking at this.

发表时间 Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 6:44 pm
djdad wrote :

Wanted to add, that when ramp stop time is set to larger than 0, then when pressing STOP there is a speeding up with motorized platter. When at zero, seems like there still is a "micro jump" of audio. My guess is that possibly that effect I described an posted audio is related to ramp stop time algorithm ..

发表时间 Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 8:24 pm
Here is image what waveform looks like when STOP is pressed on RANE ONE. Looks like sound is at that moment cut off anfd then jumps back in ..

发表时间 Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 7:40 am
djdad wrote :

DJDAD any findings yet?

发表时间 Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 2:39 pm