快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Impossible 90's song to find
Hi,

I'm looking for a song which I believe came out around 1994. The lyrics go "We used to party, party, we used we used to party, party". The closest match I found is "We used to party" by Bobby T. Dude sounds exactly the same, but the tempo is higher than what I'm looking for. So it must be a different version of that song, like from a 12" single. The song I'm looking for has a tempo of around 124 bpm, and also sounds a lot more like that "underground" house music that has a very distinctive bass line which was typical of mid-90's house. The bass line is similar to "Sometimes" by Night Department, or "Stealing the night" by Direct Input.

Anyway, just throwing it out there in case, by some miracle, one of you has that song, and could point me to where I could put my hands on it...

Cheers,
Maxime

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 1:35 am

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 10:16 am
Hi GroovinDJ,

Yup, the sample was taken from that 1989 song. This much I knew. But the one I'm looking for really came out in 1994. I'm sure it's a deep house or "underground" version of "We used to party" by Bobby T. The kind of track you would find on Side B of a 12" single. It played every night in the summer of 1994 on those "live from Night Club XYZ" radio shows. The bass line has the same tone and sound as "Show me love" by Robyn S. At the beginning of the song, and in a few other spots, there is a deep "warble" sound that makes your speakers shake everything around you. I can only describe that warble as some sort of flying saucer taking off.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 8:30 pm
Something that maybe you should have mentioned in your first post...

Presumably when you reference Robin S, you're talking about the Stonebridge remix?

As the original is the source for 22 different tracks (according to whosampled.com) my money would be on it not being a remix of Bobby T.

A whole bunch of remixes were done in 1994 according to discogs.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 8:46 pm
Correct, it is indeed the "Stonebridge Club Mix" that I was thinking of when I mentionned Show Me Love by Robyn S. The song I'm trying to find has a very similar bass line.

发表时间 Thu 22 Feb 24 @ 2:07 am
Doing more research over the last few days, I that there is a Promo Only 12" that has 4 versions of Warehouse (Days of Glory) by New Deep Society, under the label Sweat. It came out in 1994. The 4 tracks are remixes made by one Banana Republic. I could only find track A1 on Youtube -- Warehouse (Days Of Glory) (Banana Republic's High Flying Club Mix) -- but it's starting to sound a lot like what I'm looking for. Could be one of the other 3 tracks on that vinyl.

The label Sweat also came out with another record in 1994, in fact a double 12" single that has 8 tracks, one of which could be the song I'm looking for. I could only listen to tracks A2, B2 and D2 on Youtube, all of which sound great, but not what I'm looking for.

发表时间 Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 2:18 am