快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Bad sound when using two decks
jamesdoPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Recently I bought a new MacBook Pro with an M3 chip, 8GB of RAM. I'm running macOS 14 (Sonoma). With my previous Macbook (2027, intel i5 chip) I could connect my two Pioneer CDJ-900's and use them as controller/audio output. Now, with my new Macbook, there are some issues when trying to use the CDJ's as an audio output. When I use them both at the same time, the audio of one of the two decks is really bad. It seems like the second audio card couldn't be handled well.
I already tried to adjust the latency, reduced the stems usage and so on. Nothing worked.
When I select only one CDJ as the 'master' output, the sound works seamlessly. Also, when using the CDJ's stand alone (with USB/CD), everything works.

What could be the issue?

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 24 @ 9:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
jamesdo wrote :
When I use them both at the same time, the audio of one of the two decks is really bad.

Always the same Deck ?

jamesdo wrote :
When I select only one CDJ as the 'master' output, the sound works seamlessly.

Regardless which CDJ sound card you use ?

Are you using some analog/digital DJ mixer with/without a USB sound card ? Which one ?
Any chance the issue is on a specific Mixer channel and not related to CDJ and/or software ?

With your devices connected, can you post a screenshot with the Audio MIDI Setup of your Mac which shows all the connected sound cards ?

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 2:31 am
DJ DAD, thanks for your response. The issue occurs on both decks. When playing on only one deck, the sound is perfect. When I use separate decks (deck 1 going to cdj 1, deck 2 going to cdj 2), the second deck I add gives me bad sound quality.
As a mixer, I'm using a DJM-900 NXS, with indeed has a USB interface. However, I would prefer not to use these because I would not have enough USB ports.
Here is te configuration I use:

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 11:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Open your OS Audio Setup/Settings and make sure none of the CDJs is selected as default playback device (use your computer's built-in). Does it make any difference ?

Can you record this "bad sound" and share the recorded file ?

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 10:40 pm
Hi,
I selected my build in speakers as an output.
The audio is still bad, as I recorded here: https://youtu.be/2e_dkK16FwQ
Note that both songs play with the same specifications. No effects or sped up's have been added. The music was downloaded from iTunes, so the quality is not a problem normally.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 3:48 pm