快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: migration to Onedrive
Hey there

I used to work with VDJ folder on my laptop harddrive document folder, and decided to synchronize the documents folder with Onedrive to have a backup of all important files, esp. the database. What I didn't know is that opposed to googledrive, Onedrive "moves" the files while allowing to keep them on the hard drive. I found out how to redirect VDJ to my new onedrive documents folder in my registry and could make it work, and get back all my cues and playlists.
What I can not get back is the mapping I did for my DJ TR808 controller, whereas the file Roland DJ customized mapping is in the folder Mapper. And I used to use a customized skin "Controller 2020 by DennYo" which has disappeared despite also behind in the folder skins.

Any idea how to get them back rather than re-customize everything ?

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 10:11 am
You might double check to make sure they're in the correct folder. New installations of VDJ by default store the skin/config files in AppData instead of Documents. Check and see if it works if you copy the files to the appropriate folders in AppData\Virtual DJ. The path of AppData will vary depending on your operating system and username.

发表时间 Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 1:04 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. Actually it is not a new installation, only a back up on Onedrive which has changed the location of the folder document containing VDJ. I got VDJ 2023 by updating it and my understanding was that f you've upgraded to Virtual DJ 2023 from an earlier version, your database will still be in the original locations \Users\YourUserName\Documents\VirtualDJ. The entire VDJ folder is now both on my harddrive and on OneDrive (including skin folder, etc...), but still no previous customizing available. I'm considering to copy the Virtual DJ folder on AppData, but is it a risk to get even more into trouble?

发表时间 Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 3:28 pm