快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Pioneer just bought Serato - Page: 2
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
wildcountryclub wrote :
some dj's all in a tizzy on twitter so i posted this:

The Cliff Notes: A company bought another company and will now either ruin or make slightly more annoying the other company after which the one company's fan-boys who all drank the kool-aid will panic when their software becomes even more unstable.

Yep.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 6:55 pm
These buyouts and consolidations are always bad for the consumer.

Pioneer does make great hardware, but it's not hard to imagine a world where Serato becomes a Pioneer-exclusive software. It will start with a few features. They will launch some cool effects or features that only work on Pioneer hardware and that's how you'll know they're testing the waters. Then, after some time, they'll launch a new major Pioneer Serato version. But don't worry, customers! "Older versions will continue to be supported on other hardware!" (Until they're not).

Every other manufacturer of DJ Controllers is now in a bind. They sorta have to support Serato because it's the market leader, but they're putting money into Pioneer's pocket.

This could be good news for Virtual DJ, as hardware makers create new OEM deals with Atomix to make VDJ the default software for new controllers so as to avoid feeding their competitor's ecosystem.

Fascinating times we live in, folks.

发表时间 Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 8:09 pm
So what happens to Rane? Being owned by inMusic what happened to that hardware-software partnership? Im thinking with them having Engine and Final Scratch could that bring new software? Also, having Numark does the Numark Cue version of VDJ transfer to them also?

发表时间 Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 5:44 am
christianwheel wrote :
This could be good news for Virtual DJ, as hardware makers create new OEM deals with Atomix to make VDJ the default software for new controllers so as to avoid feeding their competitor's ecosystem.

--- or at least have both a Serato Lite and a VDJ LE license in the box so they don't have to pay Serato much :)
And so people learn they have options (like in the old days)
I wonder if VDJ management is getting business emails from hardware companies at the moment. And what they are saying...
Interesting times indeed

发表时间 Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 12:32 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
So what happens to Rane? Being owned by inMusic what happened to that hardware-software partnership? Im thinking with them having Engine and Final Scratch could that bring new software? Also, having Numark does the Numark Cue version of VDJ transfer to them also?

I totally forgot about Numark Cue. What was that? VDJ3.4? (EDIT: No, it seems Cue existed all the way to v7)
I wonder if these licenses still work in VDJ as some kind of LE or OEM license
I think I actually may still have an unused one somewhere...

发表时间 Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 12:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
IIRC Cue owners were given the option to upgrade to v8, but we are talking 9 years ago now.

发表时间 Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 12:47 pm
user27062961 wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
Not a fan of In-Music seeing what they've done to Denon and dropping support for the MCX8000.

the 8000 was a beast of a controller.

but, to be fair, this deck was released way back in 2016. as good as it was/is, it couldn't be supported forever!

i loved my 8000 but once i realised that support was gone i upgraded to the prime 2.

Im running an original Pioneer SZ and RZ 2014/2016. Fully supported and still top of the game.

发表时间 Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 2:56 pm
Yvan JPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Why did Pioneer actually bought Serato?
We shall not forget that the possible answer is technology.
Serato is good for Pitch and time, for intelligent playlists and for stems, among other things. Those things could be integrated into Rekordbox in the near future.
And we have to also think about Serato Studio, the other software made by Serato, which could offer brand new possibilities to the Pioneer eco system.

发表时间 Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 12:09 pm
Yvan J wrote :
Serato is good for Pitch and time, for intelligent playlists and for stems, among other things. Those things could be integrated into Rekordbox in the near future.
And we have to also think about Serato Studio, the other software made by Serato, which could offer brand new possibilities to the Pioneer eco system.

Pitch and time is not as good as zplane elastique, which RB is currently using for time stretching
And RB has way better library management including different types of playlists,
But yes you are right - they are way behind on stems

发表时间 Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 12:35 pm
Yvan JPRO InfinityMember since 2014
klausmogensen wrote :
Yvan J wrote :

Pitch and time is not as good as zplane elastique, which RB is currently using for time stretching
And RB has way better library management including different types of playlists,
But yes you are right - they are way behind on stems

You’re right Klaus but now they own Pitch and time! So they don’t have to pay for the zplane technology anymore.
By the way they could also merge Serato Studio into RB in some ways and that could be an interesting move, couldn’t it?

发表时间 Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 1:01 pm
Statement from in-music. Interesting to say the least

发表时间 Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 3:22 pm

发表时间 Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 2:29 pm
I never like Serato to me it's like Apple lots of fanboys hands Down VDJ is the Best DJ softwear on the planet all the DJS who used Serato they know it too but don't worry Serato will become a subscription Software just like rekordbox lol but Serato fan boys you all are welcome to VDJ lol

发表时间 Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 7:54 pm