快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: ask the dj
Is there a way to get ask the dj on my screen or a twitch chat without using OBS??

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 1:30 am
If it's just as a text/graphics, there are several ways like using it as logo, or using the text or slideshow overlay
The graphics can then be a qr code, if you want easy access for the viewers

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 9:15 am
I assume Huey means to get the messages to show on screen.

In theory it might be possible. Locodog would probably know best.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 9:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not easily with stock options, you'd need a video skin with empty strings baked in, [you could use text plugin instead but I've only just imagined that so *in theory]
then you'd have a script monitoring get_askthedj_unread, if !0 then wait for the browser to be inactive to jump into the ask folder and grab the data

then you'd do a shuffle, if you had 2 messages on screen and a new message came in, then the earliest would move from position 2 to position 3, the latest [of the 2 on screen] would move from position 1 to position 2 , and then the new message would populate position 1

Ask is held in memory/online so you can only do it that way [visiting the ask folder] with stock options.

other ideas would be a twitch extension and intermediary web page, user deals with this one page, this page sends to both ask page and twitch chat.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 10:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A script could be added to directly read the requests though, that way a video skin would be quite easy to make

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 10:28 am
*starts thinking up filters against "4chan" language*

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 10:45 am
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :

Is that a good idea?
Won't you then need a moderator and a ban function?

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 12:09 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :

Is that a good idea?
Won't you then need a moderator and a ban function?

All of that is done before it gets to the screen, its no different then using OBS.....

And if im not mistaken LOCO has done this before where the swear words wont show up....

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 3:51 pm
Can Ask the Dj be used anywhere at any time or do certain conditions have to be met for activation?
Do we have to have the Virtual Dj application open or does it work just to be logged in to the website?

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 23 @ 10:49 am
client can send to ASK at any time but, you can only read the messages in vdj

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 23 @ 12:50 pm
many thanks

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 23 @ 5:26 pm
Hello chaps

I've recently made a little pop-up graphic to show requests on screen, but I've done this by modifying a karaoke singer display videoskin, so I have to drag the requested track to the karaoke sideview then add the requester's name as a "singer", so everything shows on screen.

If this could be automated as discussed here, using askthedj so that requests are shown without needing to drag songs, type in names etc. that would be useful.

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 12:06 pm
ezKRM does something like this already, visit ask folder go to request press a button.
I think you'd want to look at the message for any ToS breaking idiocy.
It's been a while so I can't remember exactly what it does.

Truth be told, I don't think you need to use karaoke or ezKRM just grab like this

get_text "`get_browsed_song from` requested \n `get_browsed_song message`" & param_cast & debug

replace debug with set $varName

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 12:29 pm
I keep looking at twitch chat to vdj variable [so to video skin], probably something I could do but I can't find the motivation.

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 12:33 pm