快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Set Headroom between -3db to -6db?
To prevent "redlining" on my DJ deck, I've found I have to set my headroom to -6db. This works, however the bass on my subwoofer is kind of weak. If I set it to -3db, things sound great & I don't redline often but I do a few times, and I still need to watch it & lower the Lows a bit to get out of the red. I think the sweet spot might be -4 or -4.5db. Is there a way in VirtualDJ to set the Headroom (Options: audio/zerodb to a value between -3db and -6db? Thanks for any help.

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 1:22 am
You can type a value manually.
However I would stick with -6db in your case.
I would not want to run ANY system close to edge for too much time.
So, even if the "sweet spot" is -4.5db I would keep it at -6db.

Finally keep in mind that zerodb is the prefaders normalization. It does affect levels overall, but you still have master volume to make adjustments on the volume that goes on your soundsystem.

Depending on the controller you use, generally you want the master volume to act as an attenuator (lower the sum of channels mix) and not to go into amplification (amplifying the sum of channels mix)
As an example, most Pioneer controllers have this spot around 2 o clock.
2 o clock is "unity gain" which means that no attenuation or amplification is performed by the master.
Generally, you don't want to get past that point on master.

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 10:48 am
I see. Still, at -6dB, I rarely get out of the first green light on the DJ Deck. I was thinking I'd like to at least get to the second light, or maybe into the 3rd light (amber) on occasion, which is still not getting close to redlining. As such, I'd like to at least test it at say -5dB. I tried manually entering the value, but I can't seem to save the value of -5dB. Can you possibly advise? And thanks a lot for the quick reply - much appreciated!

发表时间 Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 2:12 am