快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Stems separation and video mixing
I use VDJ and NestDrop.

When I started using Stems 2.0 with real time separation, I noticed that the animation speed of the milkdrop presets became unusable. NestDrop also uses the video card extensively.

What can I do allow use of stems and NestDrop?

Hardware:
Desktop computer with a vintage 2018 i7 processor with 8 cores
RTX 2060 card with 12 GB VRAM
32 GB RAM
M4 SSD 2 GB

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJdp4KwOsYpZxAZvr0i8DA?view_as=subscriber

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 22 @ 7:41 pm
i would say separate stems ahead of time and don't run them in real time while doing any type of video since its probably overloading video card.

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 22 @ 9:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also try to change the setting skinUseLowPowerGpu to low power.
That way skin and video will use the integrated graphics and the stem separation will use the nvidia.

发表时间 Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 4:42 am
Thanks. I tried turning off the GPU being used and it seemed to work fine.

发表时间 Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 10:03 am
I'm wondering this: is there a downside to using the CPU for stems?

My 2018 CPU seems to handle real time stems effortlessly.

Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 22 @ 3:41 pm
no downside.
it's still going to be much slower than the gpu, but if you have a powerful cpu it will be fast enough.
and will leave your gpu to work on milkdrop etc

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 22 @ 4:06 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
no downside.
it's still going to be much slower than the gpu, but if you have a powerful cpu it will be fast enough.
and will leave your gpu to work on milkdrop etc

You are correct. it is much slower. In the previous version of stems, I could do real time stems with no delay.

In the current version, the stem cannot be used until the entire track is processed which can be several minutes. I guess with my somewhat older CPU and quite a bit of activity going on with video production, that that slows down the stem production. Fortunately, the stem production starts as soon as the track is cued up.

Happy Holidays.

发表时间 Fri 25 Nov 22 @ 9:34 am

发表时间 Sun 11 Dec 22 @ 12:37 pm