快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: REV 7 per Deck RPM
Hello everyone,

this time I did search before posting, so hopefully someone can help. I noticed that VDJ has one RPM setting per session only. When I press the offside RPM button (may be even by accident) the current Deck is playing half speed if in vinyl mode. Which ruins the entire mix. Any solution?

This is actually quite a big issue, as -when the motors are running- you can not disable the hardware change of the speed of REV7 so this will always cause distorted sound. May be I am missing a setting.

Kind regards,

Stephan

发表时间 Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 5:09 pm
Just to clarify:
Do you want the 2 spinning jogwheels to spin at different speeds?
(even though the speed itself shouldn't be affecting the audio - until you grab the jogwheels and start scratching and releasing, probably)

发表时间 Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 11:04 am
Hi Klaus,

on the rev7, when in Vynl mode, the rpm of the jog wheel determine the songs speed. If set to 45 they speed up and this reflects the speed in VirtualDJ. When you now press the offside RPM to 33, VirtualDJ thinks you want to set the whole set to 33 and since the other deck is playing at 45 RPM it will be played too fast. On the rev7 there is no way to disable the motor speed selector. So even when you disable the midi commands to avoid changing the set's RPM it will still change the motor RPM and since this always reflects the song's speed (in Vinyl mode) it will be played at the wrong speed.

Stephan

发表时间 Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 12:05 pm
While we are doing some investigation here, keep in mind this:
The software (Rekordbox DJ or VirtualDJ) can set the platter rotation speed by turning on/off the LEDs of RPM buttons.
This means that regularly, when you press 33RPM button on one deck, besides changing the firmware rotation speed it also changes the RPM setting of VirtualDJ.
When the RPM setting changes, VirtualDJ turns on the 33RPM LEDs on both decks (since its a global setting).
This means that the "other" deck should now also switch to 33 RPM rotation speed.

If you tried to remap the RPM buttons then you may have broken this functionality without knowing that its critical for the device performance.

<map value="RPM_33" action="setting_setsession rpm 33" />
<map value="RPM_45" action="setting_setsession rpm 45" />
<map value="LED_RPM_33" action="setting rpm 33" />
<map value="LED_RPM_45" action="setting rpm 45" />

That's the original code of the RPM buttons and their leds.
Remember, the LEDs also set the firmware RPM speed per deck!

发表时间 Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 8:35 am
Hi Phantom,

thanks for the thorough reply. I only started changing the mapping when the behavior occurred. I need to test it again when I get home but I am unsure if the LEDs change the rpm of the other deck. May be a thing to mention: I have firmware v1.0.3.

发表时间 Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 8:45 am
Hmmm. Seems it's a quite fresh firmware release.
I will check it. But I'm 100% sure that original firmware allowed the software to change deck RPM via the leds (I know because I programmed it :P )

发表时间 Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 9:04 am
Hi Phantom,

I just checked it. The mapping is exactly as you described and when changing the deck RPM the offside RPM Led does indeed change but the sound is too slow or too fast until I press the RPM button on the playing side.

Stephan

发表时间 Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 12:09 pm
Hi Phantom,

has there been any news on this? It is still not fixed.

Stephan

发表时间 Sun 30 Oct 22 @ 10:53 pm
Still trying various solutions. We hope we will find a way to fix this permanently shortly.

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 22 @ 8:51 am