快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Distorted sound after approx. 0,5 hour
Upgraded VDJ to 8.5-arm 6878. Don't know expactly the previous version.
When I use VDJ for approx. 0,5 hour I hear distorted sound, doesn't matter which song or deck is playing. No idea if others experience same problem. Downloaded yesterday V6839 on my MACbook Air with M1 2020. After installation, still V6878 is active. Is it possible to downgrade?

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 6:54 pm

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 7:18 pm
Thanks for the link. Removed the newest version, installed the previous one and problem seems to be resolved! Just run the installer didn't work. I always got the latest version, not the previous one.
I had to renamed (and first took a backup !) the 'VirtualDJ' folder in my Documents folder.
Then installed the old versions and renamed the created folder to something else. Then renamed once more my old folder to the original name. (I hope my explanation is clear)
Anyway after this I had all my previous settings, database with the old VDJ version.

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 7:33 pm
Unfortunately, the same problem appeared.. Any suggestion what to do? I found out by unloading other decks when the problem appears, the 'cracking sound' stops. But when loading another song, the same problem is there. Seems an 'overload' problem that has to do with calculation or something but uses VDJ since years. Never had this issue...

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 8:50 pm
You're just using a Macbook Air (no other equipment)?

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 9:30 pm
The Denon MC7000 on the MacBook Air

发表时间 Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 9:09 am
My thoughts are Is your computer getting too warm ? The other thing I'd check is your latency setting

发表时间 Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 10:34 am
The Macbook Air is only few months old and has the new M1 processor. I believe VDJ without video is a low load for this device.
I searched for latency in samples is set to 0, the default value.
Yesterday I performed a 'Reset all' in the settings but after a while the problem comes back.
I become desperate...

发表时间 Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 12:08 pm
Studi-Jo wrote :
latency in samples is set to 0

That doesn't sound right. You'll never get zero latency because the signal has to be processed. Set the buffer size to a value that provides around 10ms latency. Any less than that shouldn't be required. If you're getting crackles at 10ms then set it higher until the crackles stop.

发表时间 Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 4:58 pm
Hi, still struggeling with this issue. When I increase the latency, the problem is resolved for a while but comes back. Even with latency set to 400 or 500 gives problems after a while.
I plan to open a support ticket because I don''t know how to solve the problem.
My son has a Macbook, instead of my Macbook Air but his Mac has also the M1 processor and we experience the same problem with his Mac. Off course it's on the same controller, Denon MC7000

发表时间 Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 8:02 pm

发表时间 Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 8:58 pm
Thanks Rune for the idea. Your weblink seem outdated (MAC OS 10.xx) but found similar webpages for MAC OS 12.
I have the feeling, but can't make it hard, that the problem started after an upgrade of my MAC OS.
In the past the Denon MC7000 had a similar problem and they made a new firmware for the MC7000.
Anyway, will optimize my MAC as proposed and keep posted.

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 7:24 am
Just for comparison:

I am using the MC7000 with a 2019 16” i9 MBP, running Monterey 12.3.1 and VDJ 6878. I have not experienced the distortion issue.

And the latency setting is 0, which appears to be default.

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 3:03 pm