快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Script example for assigning specific button
Hi just a question I'm looking for a Script example for assigning specific button. It's about the FX assign 1 and 2 Knob. I think it should look like this.

effect_active ? deck 1 : nothing

I just can't find much in the manual, web or anyone who knows anything about this specific assignment. my thanks will be huge.

Yours sincerely
skip

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 4:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
perhaps knowing what hardware you have will help because as of yet you're not making sense,
you have posted real script but it won't do anything.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 4:15 pm
locodog wrote :
perhaps knowing what hardware you have will help because as of yet you're not making sense,
you have posted real script but it won't do anything.

Hi logodog I've talked to you about this before. Then I understood that you thought that what I'm trying to do was not possible. I have been digging into the late hours on the internet and on various vdj posts. But the stories are so contradictory that it's not really clear to me. I also saw an answer from you and another Post.

@groovin, vdj could absolutely work as serato does with fx.If op uses the performance skin a variation of the fx rack would be the least work

what do you mean by a performance skin?

I'm trying to make my Pioneer ddj-sz work the same as in serato. If I study the Virtual DJ Script a bit, this seems to be possible as well.

effect_active ? if so send this there deck 1: otherwise do nothing

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 9:01 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you must unlearn what you have learned

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 9:38 pm
As I said before it can be done, but it's no small task, not one I'd recommend to somebody just starting to learn script.
It would involve editing the performance skin fx rack to keep things visually making sense.
rack would be deck 5 all 6 slots, an rsi watching what was on these slots to change what is on decks 1 - 4 if it was changed by effect_select
fx1 button, on, would look which of the 1st 3 slots were active on deck 5 and switch them on the calling deck
off would just turn slots off the calling deck.
fx2 same but slots 4,5,6

remapping the device would be the simple bit.

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 10:29 pm

发表时间 Thu 21 Oct 21 @ 5:24 am
It's more complex than even that.

I've approached the full problem [with skin edit too] as I imagined the design, it's running, it has a charm in it's simplicity but that comes at a cost of limitations that I'm not a fan of.

there are issues that are not possible to resolve.

1 you can only have one instance of a native, you can't have [let's say] echo assigned to both 'modules' system would fall apart
2 invisible deck 5 is the 'holder' for fx until assign 1 or 2 is pressed, so auto off fx like slipbrake8 the only way they can work is assign a module to decks then call the fx on with the rack deck 5, invisible decks needs its own careful script to avoid loading/playing a deck by accident you can't access easily.

for a certain workflow it's functional

as I said, the rack is deck 5, all other decks effect selects are linked to deck 5, slots 1,2,3 left module, 4,5,6 right module

发表时间 Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 12:06 pm