快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Recommendations for lapel mic set please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I need a lapel mic set with 1 receiver to 3 lapel mics (4 is ok), decent range with clear sound. I use the Pioneer SX2 so I would like to use only 1 mic out. I don't want to break the bank. Was hoping to spend $200-$300 for set up I know I can count on. Please recommend a set if you know of one. Thanks

发表时间 Thu 09 Sep 21 @ 7:33 pm
It's not entirely clear to me what your plan is, but as a sound engineer I do have experience with these types of microphones. First I would like to point out that lavalier microphones are not suitable for use in noisy environments, partly due to the relatively large distance between the sound source and the microphone. The greater distance means that the microphone needs more gain and therefore increases the risk of feedback, especially when speakers are placed close by (such as monitors). Also, compared to close-miking with a hand-held microphone, more ambient noise will be collected. Usually these microphones are only used in studio or theater environments where the acoustics and sound pressures are controlled or conference rooms where only speech is amplified on a modest level. Alternatively, the well known head-worn microphones have been around for quite some time. While these mics significantly reduce the distance from source to mic, most of them have an omni-directional capsule that quickly puts you in the same feedback loop as with the lavaliers. The solution depends on your plan: are you in a (silent) studio with only headphones? Then it can work, although those lavaliers can sound quite “thin”. If, in addition to speech, music is also played through monitors and at a reasonable sound level, you will quickly run into problems.

Now let's take a look at your budget. You wrote: "I don't want to break the bank" and "$200-$300" means in my opinion "you're going to get in trouble". From your story I gather that you are looking for a wireless system. That means a set with 3-4 microphones, 3-4 transmitter packs and a receiver with mixing capabilities (plus cabling). Unfortunately, I think there is nothing decent out there available (for that price) and you probably need to look in the questionable “made in China class”. With wireless systems, also pay attention to whether the frequencies are switchable, and whether those switchable frequencies are also free and legal in your area. Still, I'm going to give you some advice if you do go through with your plan: talk to a sound engineer in person who uses those things or go to a good supplier and let yourself be informed and try to get a demonstration before you buy (or rent a system before buying). That prevents a lot of annoyance and bad buys. I wish you lots of luck ;-)

p.s. I use myself Shure, Sennheiser and DPA, but there are a lot of good systems available

发表时间 Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 8:07 am
I love the Innopow-WM333B lapel set. $136 on Amazon. If it breaks they send u a new item, no questions asked. Solid as a rock. 200’ + working range.

发表时间 Fri 08 Oct 21 @ 2:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)