快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Download issue
Hi
My husband is DJ and uses Soundcloud along with Virtual DJ to do his parties. And has for a few years. Just recently , after playing for a couple of hours, random tunes stop downloading even if played earlier and then gets worse and worse. He is literally having to search for music to play as more and more stop working and a message comes up saying ‘Download fail’.
He has quite a few parties booked , one this weekend and now we may have to cancel them all don’t know where the problem lies .
Please help!!!!

发表时间 Mon 26 Jul 21 @ 7:46 pm
In all the years I have being djing since 1981 I have never used and never will an on line service for my music in your case it is down to the venues internet connection.All of my music is on external hard drives and I always have a back up plane and that is a twin cd decks and two boxes of cds.As I have said before never rely on on line services for your music example if you get to a venue and there is no internet what are you going to do?

发表时间 Mon 26 Jul 21 @ 8:32 pm
Just to add try buying your music instead of renting it

发表时间 Mon 26 Jul 21 @ 8:38 pm
Thanks for your advice. We had a feeling that it could be that. Strange that we have had no issues for over 3 years and just suddenly started though. Where is the best and cheapest way of buying music would you say?

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 10:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
cheapest way to get the oldies [back when we made CDs] is discogs and thrift stores.
so long as you don't care about the covers you can save thousands compared to retail price.
Going on online purchases, they're all about the same price.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 11:31 am
Just to add what locodog said you can always look in your local charity shops not the latest releases but plenty choose from in the past I have had some bargains e.g I was in my local oxfam shop one day I found a large box full of cd singles about 150 for £5 and I did purchase and there was a good selection so you will never know what you will find.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 3:23 pm
Thanks for replies so far.
Tonight we were trying to test from home and just used Tunes from Virtual DJ library and did not log in to Soundcloud which we normally do and the tunes again played fine for the first hour and a bit and then a lot stopped downloading again. So if playing a house set, get to a point when suddenly the next 4 or 5 you are trying to play just won’t work. Awaiting a reply from both Soundcloud and Virtual DJ but not hopeful from either.
Any further advice really appreciated as set on Friday this week and knocking confidence if think music will come to a stand every now and again.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 7:20 pm
If you are testing at home and if you are using wifi and if you can switch off the wifi on the computer and use a cable just to see if it works with out dropping out if it does not you know that it may be a fault with the internal wifi card ( if using a laptop) usb external wifi adapters are available or it could be other apps are running in the back ground switch the ones off you don't need just one or two thoughts as I am trying to help as much as I can because I don't want to see a dj cancel a gig be cause he has no music to play.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 7:51 pm
Just had another thought while having a cup of tea and a smoke if you are using a mac make sure the o/s is up to date and make sure it has plenty of ventilation as it could be be over heating.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 8:14 pm
have a look at lololyrics

Mod: post edited, previous wording would have been a spam magnet

发表时间 Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 10:32 pm
Thanks Dj Skylite. Will try what you have suggested.

发表时间 Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 11:28 am
Glad to be of service let me know your findings.

发表时间 Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 1:24 pm