快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Impossible to connect the DJ compact control
Hi,

I recently buy a "Hercule DJ compact control" for traveling mix.

I was able to make it work on my job (computer, Acer running on windows 10) on virtual DJ 8 but then, impossible to make it work at home.

I have my computer windows 10 rog strix scar 3 and I own the latest version of Virtual DJ 8 and he doesn't even DETECT it, same on Virtual dj 7. There is one version of VDJ 8 who worked but No mapping and impossible to create one.

Can you help me?

发表时间 Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 6:41 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

发表时间 Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 7:12 am
Hi,

The drivers is installed and he is connect to a USB 3.0 (blue one). Not a signal, is there something else?

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 6:17 am
Not really, but Hercules have often issues with USB 3.0

When Hercules "DJ Console Control Panel" see it and lights are on and not flashing
controller must work with VDJ (during evaluation period and 10 min only afterward as a home user)
https://ts.hercules.com/faqs/fr/her_fr_00482.pdf

"Hercule DJ compact control" is in the list of VDJ 2021 supported controllers and mapping is in VDJ as well as available from Hercules

VDJ 7 was not knowing it

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 6:48 am
Okay, j'ai regarder et en effet je n'ai pas de driver dans le gestionnaire de périphérique dans aucune des 2 catégorie.
Je ne peux pas joindre d'image c'est dommage mais j'ai bien "DJHERCULEMIX serie tray gent" et il m'affiche l'icône d'un disque avec une croix. j'ai essayer de le faire changer mes ce n'est pas possible. Une information sur cela?

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 5:55 pm
Du coup j'ai tenter de suivre leur instruction et... Elle ne s'allume même plus (y compris après redémaraage)

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 6:28 pm
Le contrôleur n'est pas (plus) reconnu par le PC

Du coup c'est plus un problème matériel (surement l'USB3.0)
Soit l'un des ports USB (PC ou contrôleur) a un problème,
Soit le câble (fourni) est de mauvaise qualité
Soit le contrôleur consomme trop

Il est possible que Windows ait coupé l'alimentation du port pour cause de surcharge
(Il n'y a aucune notification dans ce cas là) seul un redémarrage du PC permet de la réactiver

dans tous les cas l'utilisation d'un hub USB 2.0 alimenté peut peut-être améliorer les choses

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 6:43 pm
I have a hercules rmx and will only work in certain usb ports and not usb 3 and it is working at the moment with a numark mixtrack pro 11 plus I have two cameras pluged in at the same time you can try the hercules in different usb ports to see which one will work.

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 7:59 pm
Update: I dust off my old PC who has some USB 2.0 port and yeah the tablet light but is still not detect: I try to download the drivers, nothing change.
"Sky" you were talking about specific USB port, what those are? Can you be more précise ?

发表时间 Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 5:49 am
Most Hercules controllers as an example RMX M4k 4-MX and some more recent can only work using USB 2.x
If it lights on, it may be detected by VDJ and "DJHERCULEMIX serie tray gent"
if not it's often a simple issue : some cable working with other devices just do not work with hercules controllers (tested with rmx & mk-4 & 4-mx & dj control)
if it does not detect in "DJHERCULEMIX serie tray gent" but lights on : maybe Windows disabled the device
take a look to control panel as the hercules site said and if entries appear as disabled enable them again
if they are not present, change cable

I tested a dj control this we (working fine in a laptop with no driver) using a different pro config:
The same cable used with laptop (original hercules one) didn't work
The one used for touch screen either
The one used for existing controller was working as well as rescue one

发表时间 Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 10:49 am
Update again: I change cable, giving him a special cable (made for reflex) to the Compact DJ control and it worked. But only the 2021 version, the 7, 8.0.1 and 8.3 doesn't detect him.

Meaning I might have to buy a new license cause he cannot find the old one.

发表时间 Thu 15 Jul 21 @ 7:34 am

发表时间 Thu 15 Jul 21 @ 8:28 am
Well it make sense, I guess I will have to buy another licence.

Thanks you both for your help.

发表时间 Thu 15 Jul 21 @ 4:17 pm
You are welcome we do try our best to help people when we can

发表时间 Thu 15 Jul 21 @ 5:16 pm