快速登录:  

Forum: Video Discussion

话题: Dropping videos on top of mp3s
Hi, I am a video DJ and longtime user of Virtual DJ. I have a question related to dropping videos on top of mp3s.

Back when I first bought the program, if I had an mp3 and wanted to add a video, I would just drop the video into the video screen on that particular deck and the video would simply play through and loop once it reached the end.

With newer versions, the video is edited through some sort of "smart" software that attempts to sync the bpm of the video to the bpm of the song, and also cuts the video so that it matches the length of the song.

Sometimes this is great, in particular when I have a video of a song with poor audio and I want to drop that video on top of a higher-quality mp3 of that same song. But sometimes the result is just TERRIBLE, like it will repeat a little 2-second snippet of the video over and over and OVER. Sometimes it is unable to sync to the song, even if the audio of the video and the audio of the mp3 are the same.

And that's what is really the culprit here: the software making artificial edits and repeating little scenes over and over in order to match the length of the video to the length of the song. It often looks really bad.

I play a lot of songs that don't have videos, and sometimes I just want to play a 20-second seamless loop on top of it. But because of this "automatic editing" feature, I'm unable to do that. Instead, the 20 second seamless loop will be cut and edited into little 2-second snips that repeat over and over in order to match to the 4-minute length of the song.

What I would like to know is: In cases where I would like the video to simply play through and loop, is there a way to do this instead of the "smart editing"? I'm sure there is a way, but I'm not familiar with it, and I've google searched many variations of "virtual DJ video looping" without success. I'm probably just not using the right terminology, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

发表时间 Thu 20 May 21 @ 12:03 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
In video editor (right click the mp3) you can overlay a video and specify the mode (stretch or repeat) and even resize. multiple videos can be added as well as text, picture...

发表时间 Thu 20 May 21 @ 12:23 am
Can also set audioOnlyVisualisation to slideshow video effect.
And pick a folder with some video loops you want to use.

And everything is automatic.. as soon as audio only file is loaded the slideshow plays the video

发表时间 Thu 20 May 21 @ 9:32 am
Nicotux wrote :
In video editor (right click the mp3) you can overlay a video and specify the mode (stretch or repeat) and even resize. multiple videos can be added as well as text, picture...

Thank you very much for this response! So do I go into the video editor from just the mp3 file by itself, or the mp3 file when it is linked with a video (and has the little blue wrench symbol)?

发表时间 Sun 23 May 21 @ 12:42 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Can also set audioOnlyVisualisation to slideshow video effect.
And pick a folder with some video loops you want to use.

And everything is automatic.. as soon as audio only file is loaded the slideshow plays the video

Thank you for the response! However, I prefer to have each song have a unique video attached to it. It sounds like that would not be the case with an automatic slideshow.

发表时间 Sun 23 May 21 @ 12:43 pm
Can still drop video onto the song, as earlier versions.
In modern version, drop the video to the cover art on deck to link a video

发表时间 Sun 23 May 21 @ 1:01 pm