快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Show length of a playlist
As I can see this has been asked here some times, yet I dont get why this is not in VDJ yet.

I know automix will show me the length of the songs I put in, but if I have multiple playlists (which I do), then I need multiple steps to find out the length of each playlist.

So I wonder what is the reason NOT to show the total length of a playlist (virtual folder)?

For me it would help me a lot as I dont use VDJ to mix songs but to play them in the length they are. And I need to plan ahead with the total lenght of all of them.

So again, who would be hurt if you show the total length of a playlist just like you do in automix?

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 9:13 am
Can be shown in a few ways..
At your playlists click CTRL+A to select all the songs in the list, right-click and open tag edit.
Total duration of the playlist is shown at bottom

Generally speaking it perhaps for most users makes "less sense" to see length in a playlist view, since DJs mix the songs and hence its much shorter the mix of the songs than the total length of all songs combined

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 3:45 pm
Sounds like you're looking for some sort of radio automation software rather than DJ software.

Anyway all you need to do is ctrl+a and drag the tracks to the automix window to get the total time.

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 5:04 pm
"I know automix will show me the length of the song"

But thanks anyway.

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 7:44 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

At your playlists click CTRL+A to select all the songs in the list, right-click and open tag edit.
Total duration of the playlist is shown at bottom

Now THAT was a neat trick to learn, thank you!

I would like to see playlist length in browser window too. There is plenty of room in the status bar, right after where the number of files is shown. Which in itself is pretty useless, but the more the info the merrier so please do not consider removing the number of files :) I am currently looking at the playlist that says it has 27 files. Nothing can be decided from that number. But as your neat ctrl-a/Tag trick would tell me the playlist total duration is 03:11:14 which gives me indication that a 1.5h set can reasonably easily be played from that list.

Playlist duration in status bar would make lot of people (including myself) super happy.

发表时间 Mon 26 Apr 21 @ 3:22 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
and by the way, if only 'will play at' was accessible
this field is unusable and inaccurate (never update/refresh and inaccessible)
bottom will play at + length - top will play at would give the total time

发表时间 Mon 26 Apr 21 @ 3:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
'Will play at' takes automix settings into account, so it's not exactly the same as sum of length.

发表时间 Mon 26 Apr 21 @ 4:09 pm
So if there has already been a calculation that has taken place then what is the issue with displaying the overall time left at the top of the column?

Not something I really use but there have been many requests for this over the years.

发表时间 Mon 26 Apr 21 @ 4:13 pm
I agree that having the playlist length beside the number of files would be extremely useful. Mixxx has this. The number of files is not a very significant piece of information, but how long the playlist would run is certainly useful.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jul 22 @ 12:40 am