快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Phase - Latest Release - HID - Page: 3
I honestly fear now that Pioneer owns Serato, things are going to be much more clamped down hardware-wise due to the monopoly, as they will look to make the contracts even more restrictive/favourable to the Pioneer ecosystem.

发表时间 Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 10:19 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Wait, THIS STILL hasnt happened for VDJ???

Sadly, no.

However, Phase does work with VDJ and really well, but you have to use old school RCA cables. The Serato X integration is all HID so all you need to use for it is the USB cable. Serato also developed a special skin that shows you the Phase remote battery level right on the skin too, which is pretty awesome. There's a couple other small elements that only Serato has with it.

DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I honestly fear now that Pioneer owns Serato, things are going to be much more clamped down hardware-wise due to the monopoly, as they will look to make the contracts even more restrictive/favourable to the Pioneer ecosystem.

It's a very real possibility but I think Pioneer needs to look at the data and think everything through. Do they want to keep things exclusive and alienate manufacturers or software companies, or keep everything as is so that they have a wider net and audience.

Pioneer knows that people use their equipment with other software (Traktor, VDJ, Mixx, etc). They could look at it and say, "We ONLY want people using our stuff with Serato or RB..." and lock it down so much that other titles either wont work at all or there are key features that wont work. It's like Phase as a perfect example. It's not Pioneer, but they have an exclusive deal with Serato where you get some cool features that dont work with other software titles. It's more likely that something like that would happen with Pioneer equipment. If you want to unlock or use cutting edge or cool features, then you have to use their software.

But again, this is all theory. We'll have to see what the future holds and what decisions are made.

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 23 @ 12:23 pm
So I've just gotten an email saying that phase now supports HID mode with other DJ software. Does that mean VirtualDJ and Phase finally work in HID mode?

发表时间 Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 10:00 am

发表时间 Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 12:59 pm