快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: relocate batch missing files
dceeceePRO InfinityMember since 2018
ok i search on the forums and maybe im not doing it the correct way. this weekend i went and reorganize and my whole music library now i have over 8,000 missing songs. im i screwed i though it wouldve been easy like serato when u relocate files it automatically find then for me. any help will do right now or if someone could point me to the correct tread

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 1:52 pm
Well you should have moved the files from within the VDJ browser and it would keep the database with the correct link to the file. Above that you should have backed both your music files and VDJ folder so if anything went wrong you could instantly recover.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 1:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, if you make sure the database is accurate, (make sure to add the new location to the database) then it should still find the files in most cases as long as file name and file size are the same.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 1:56 pm
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Unfortunately, I already moved my files around in the OS and did not do this within VDJ so consequently, I have a database problem or missing/cannot find file location error(s) . I've moved files and deleted folders etc and totally messed things up. I have no issue starting over In VDJ however I don't want to loose all my filter folders. What is the best way to do that?...If i can not salvage them..what is the best way to start over?

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 4:06 pm
Did you not back up your Documents > VDJ folder before starting the move?

If you had done then something could probably be salvaged.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 4:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In VirtualDJ, just right-click your music folder, and select Batch->Add to Search DB
Next, select the options button in the browser on the left, and select Database->Remove Missing Files from DB.

You shouldn't need to remove or clear anything else

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 4:26 pm
Missing file is really big problem unfortunately virtual DJ isn't smart in relocation or find the missing file you have to individually single by single relocate files missing not like serato DJ just with one button search and everything goes fix hopefully very soon virtual DJ team work on that .This is a huge problem honestly , please anyone if have any good solution let me know I really appreciate

发表时间 Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 3:42 am
If you made playlist, your playlist are also going to be broken (playlist not virtualfolders). But at least your playlist can be fixed with the listfix utility, it really works

http://listfix.sourceforge.net

hope this helps.

发表时间 Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 10:09 pm
The Missing Files
Are a really ****BIG BIG BIG Problem in VIRTUAL DJ ***
unfortunately, Virtual DJ isn't smart in relocation or finding the missing file you have to individually single by single relocate files missing not like Serato DJ just with one button search and everything goes fixed hopefully very soon virtual DJ teamwork on that. This is a HUGE Problem honestly, please anyone has any good solution let me know I appreciate it (and I'm a mac os user, try listfix does not work for mac users)

发表时间 Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 8:37 pm
@DJBEHNOOD

Google it (listfix for MAC) and download your copy, its a free utility for fixing broken playlist. Also a Mac user here, running it on High Sierra

发表时间 Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 2:45 pm
Hi DjjBehnood,

I totally agree with you 1 at track at the time seems crazy right?
VDJ is an amazing software, I cannot believe that they don't have smart relocation, the best way to avoid this is using VDJ FOLDER but you cannot re order tracks as you can in playlist... :(

listFix() It works fine on Mac (is java based), you only need to have installed https://www.java.com/en/ download the .jar file and then "right click -> open with -> JavaLauncher".

Add Media Folder, open the playlist to be fixed, select all tracks -> right click -> Find closest Matches.

Is not perfect (at least in Mac) and you may need to move the "playlist" that you need to fix to you main folder /USERS/YOUNAME/ fix the playlist and then copy back to the original location.

I just fixed 5 playlist (1 at the time) in my M1

Thank you guys for bring this alternative solution, I hope some day (soon) VDJ Dev Team find a similar solution.
Cheers

DjjBehnood wrote :
The Missing Files
Are a really ****BIG BIG BIG Problem in VIRTUAL DJ ***
unfortunately, Virtual DJ isn't smart in relocation or finding the missing file you have to individually single by single relocate files missing not like Serato DJ just with one button search and everything goes fixed hopefully very soon virtual DJ teamwork on that. This is a HUGE Problem honestly, please anyone has any good solution let me know I appreciate it (and I'm a mac os user, try listfix does not work for mac users)

发表时间 Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 4:12 pm