快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Re analyze question/suggestion - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

With the new 2021 version..it seems to avoid huge load on CPU while playing live...we should re analyze our entire db(pre live) so that all tracks are updated with the new waveforms etc...but to my knowledge re analyzing discards beat grid and bpm changes made by the user...what is a workaround for this ? Probably a sub menu on the analyze tab...for example analyze: beat grid,bpm,tags,gain and new waveform in separate commands

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:12 am
you do not need to re-analyze anything.
the new feature in vdj2021 is calculated live everytimes you load a track, it's not pre-analyzed.
(on a modern computer, it takes around 1s to process it live, while it would clutter your disk with potentially gigabytes or redundant datas if we were to precompute this)

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:16 am
But it does put a significant amount of strain on my up to spec CPU when it loads the new waveform for the 1st time....I am worried that this may cause problems in live performance

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:22 am
it will not cause any problem in live performance.
(and it's not doing this on the 1st time, it's going to do this every times, but it's normal, and again will not impact your live performance)

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 7:04 am
Loading is slightly slower but I'm all video and files still load in under a second.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 8:06 am
I guess ur machine uses the GPU math engine then...because I'm stuck with the CPU engine...no fault of vdj btw..ok guys..thanks for the info

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 3:59 pm

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:13 pm
Most DJs buy budget to mid range laptops though, with integrated graphics. Even the high end Lenovo, HP etc. only use on-chip, especially the lightweight or 2-in1 ones.

That's going to be the main issue.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:24 pm
I don't think there's an issue really. Being able to run VDJ 2021 is the main goal, and the stem EQ stuff will still work on lower spec computers.

OK it's nice if the graphics on your song show instantly, but it's not a necessity. It won't affect your ability to play the tracks.

Splashing out for a new graphics card or gaming laptop will improve the new stem analysis, but that's all. The functionality will be the same and the sound will be the same.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:55 pm
@ groovindj...yeah i watched klaus's vid....and i see the importance of the gpu now....with my current setup...i am afraid i will have to disable the feature as the cpu spikes too 90 something and i cannot afford that live.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:58 pm
The CPU may spike but that shouldn't affect audio or any outputs as these are already loaded into memory.

The spike should only last a matter of seconds so will have no impact long term.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:11 pm
again no fault of vdj...but i happen to broadcast also from the same laptop...which means having a browser open together with added streaming cpu demand...and cant really see avoiding a disaster here with this feature enabled on my cpu math in my case.....

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:24 pm
Just tried on the GPD pocket. It does work but takes ages to analyze with the CPU at 100%. With the engine disabled VDJ uses about 15% CPU.

So, yes it can work on older or less powered machines but thrashes the CPU.

On another note, the Macbook Pro has an AMD Radeon Pro 5500m card, but VDJ says it can't be used?

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:20 pm
Yh...I think it should be tweaked to be a one time analysis like beat grid and bpm...so the waveform is saved and does not have to reloaded everytime..in this way...the process can be done before hand

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
that would mean +500% harddrive space

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 9:49 pm
meaning a mp3 of say 4mins long takes up about 25mb of hard drive space to save in the database file????
if so....that really may be impractical.....

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 11:17 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

On another note, the Macbook Pro has an AMD Radeon Pro 5500m card, but VDJ says it can't be used?

My 2017 Mac also has a AMD Radeon Pro 560. Loading with the GPU enabled is slow and all the waveforms are very jerky, the music is unaffected. But, I noticed if it is a video, then the video output is very jerky.

Today I've bootcamped my Mac with a brand new installation of Windows 10 64 bit. After installing VDJ 2021, I tried enabling the GPU and got the same message as you did with VDJ saying 'it can't be used'. I tried loading videos with the CPU selected and the video was as smooth as it should be even with the processor temporarily hitting 99%.

It's useable on both W10 & OSX when the CPU processor is selected. For those worrying about the processor hitting 99% while loading, why don't they test, test, test? We've got plenty of time before we're gigging again (that sounded like a rant) :-)

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 11:49 pm
i mean i understand your point about testing...but anything that pushes the limit of your cpu while live should be tried to be avoided...well at least for me

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 12:24 am
Guess I'm not the only one.... Saving and locking the analysis fixes this. So I'm going to see how many users mention this same thing.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 2:23 am
Yeah..but as pointed out...saving the new waveform data might take up too much HD space

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 3:17 am
36%