快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pitch quality settings

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i find it weird that all pitch quality settings have drawbacks...and i am finding difficulty in choosing a setting.
i am dealing with 0,1,2,3 as i need master tempo while playing.
i have done tests with a headphone to easily here pops etc and the song at a faster bpm than original and at higher latency than i normally use.

although 2 and 3 are good at preserving the key,they produce pops when effects are applies to the sped up track(color fx loop roll i used).ps..the bpm increase is not ridiculous....+16% range....2 cuts into the highs..but i can deal with that..3 is better but produces more pops in audio.

0 and 1 have no pops when effects are applied...but there is scratch drift over time...as u find yourself scratching a bit more forward of your original scratch point..and the software indicates as if it has not moved...but your jog movements show that it has drift.
this happens more in 1 than 0....but 0 sometimes sounds like the notes in the song fluctuates sometimes.

i am not bashing the devs or anything...but i did happen to check serato lite and there were no pops.
i think the master tempo algo is responsible for the drawbacks.

发表时间 Tue 05 May 20 @ 12:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try recording these pops frim within virtualdj?
This could tell if the pops are a bug in virtualdj or because of buffer running out (too small buffer / cpu nit fast enough)

发表时间 Tue 05 May 20 @ 5:04 am

发表时间 Tue 05 May 20 @ 4:15 pm
i find it weird that all pitch quality settings have drawbacks...and i am finding difficulty in choosing a setting.
i am dealing with 0,1,2,3 as i need master tempo while playing.
i have done tests with a headphone to easily here pops etc and the song at a faster bpm than original and at higher latency than i normally use.

although 2 and 3 are good at preserving the key,they produce pops when effects are applies to the sped up track(color fx loop roll i used).ps..the bpm increase is not ridiculous....+16% range....2 cuts into the highs..but i can deal with that..3 is better but produces more pops in audio.

0 and 1 have no pops when effects are applied...but there is scratch drift over time...as u find yourself scratching a bit more forward of your original scratch point..and the software indicates as if it has not moved...but your jog movements show that it has drift.
this happens more in 1 than 0....but 0 sometimes sounds like the notes in the song fluctuates sometimes.

i am not bashing the devs or anything...but i did happen to check serato lite and there were no pops.
i think the master tempo algo is responsible for the drawbacks.

I was doing some more tests and I can also confirm that with 0 and 1 there are underwater rubbles heard on hphones

发表时间 Tue 05 May 20 @ 4:28 pm
Thanks, there was indeed a bug that could cause glitches when pitchQuality 2 or 3 were used, pitch was not at 0% and effects adjusting song position (loop roll, beat grid and slicer I think are the only ones currently) were active.
It will be fixed shortly.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 9:37 am
Great!!!! Once these are fixed and 2 and 3 work perfectly...it may be worth removing 0 and 1 and pushing back the current 2 and 3 and renaming them to 0 and 1...as I highly am of the opinion that the current 0 and 1 have underwater noise and scratch point drift..and if 2 and 3 are working well..there will not really be the need for 0 and 1...or they could be looked into and fixed also..anyway...good news non the less
.keep up the good work!!!

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 12:16 pm
The default is already 2.
1 uses a lot less cpu for those for which that is important (and perhaps don't need master tempo most of the time) but is indeed of lower quality.
There shouldn't be any significant drift though.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 1:26 pm
well for me at least..the drift is worryingly noticeable.so i currently have to use 2.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 4:03 pm
glad to see this sorted out on the latest early access build

BUILD 5743 (2020-05-11)

-Beatsource Online music source supported
-Fix crash in video editor on Windows 64-bit
-Fix detection of Rane Seventy-Two new firmware on mac
-Fix some glitches when using loop roll, slicer or beatgrid❤❤❤❤👍👍👍👍
-Cut effect continues working when deck paused
-Cut effect inaccuracies fixed when length less than 1 beat
-effect_select pops up on effect_select button on skin when triggered from keyboard or controller
-Fix text effect not drawing multi-line texts centered
-Slideshow and Camera can be used as source in videoskin
-Fix cue_color to set cue colors not saving changes
-Add mixcloud as video streaming option

发表时间 Tue 12 May 20 @ 1:08 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)