快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: transferring VDJ folder from Windows 10 to Macbook Air

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am looking for some advice on transferring my virtual DJ folder that I currently use on my laptop which is windows 10 to my Macbook Air. I want to keep folders and playcounts e.t.c any one able to help me.

发表时间 Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 2:21 pm
Assuming that you currently have ALL your music on the local drive of the computer?
if not, the process will differ a little bit.

Method 1 :

- copy the music folders from one computer to the other computer to exact same location (path) on the drive at the new computer.
- copy /documents/VirtualDJ/ from one computer to the other at same location (current user on the computer)

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How-to-Transfer-To-A-New-Computer.html

发表时间 Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 3:02 pm
Method 2 : To External Drive

- Use VirtualDJ browser (important!) to move your music from the computer to external drive (created a new database on external with all data intact)
- Copy /documents/VirtualDJ/ from one computer to the other at same location (current user on the computer).

Thats it :)

Now a choice would be then if you want to keep the music on external drive, and be future proof for any other computer you might use. This external drive can connect to any computer in the world, and have your database with bpm, cues, playcount etc instantly available.

Or if you want to reverse the process, and move the music back from the external drive to local drive on new computer (if so, use the VirtualDJ browser to do so, and a new database on local drive will be created with all the data intact)

发表时间 Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 3:05 pm
just wanted to say thank you Rune . You did make it simple. I am going to make a copy of my Documents/ Virtualdj folder from the older computer and then I'll take that copy and paste into the same location of the new computer . I'm assuming it will take the old files and merge them with the latest version on the new computer . is this correct ? and thanks you ! Michael
Will this move my cached songs from the subscription service as well?
I not quite sure I understand the Virtual DJ browser term.

thanks a million. I"m trying to update my new purchase with many hours of playlist, cues, notes etc.

发表时间 Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 6:50 am
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
I'm assuming it will take the old files and merge them with the latest version on the new computer . is this correct ?

Not sure what you meant about the merge part?

发表时间 Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)