快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DDJ 400 - VDJ license

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Cronker1ControlleristMember since 2019
Hello kindly folk.
I’m looking to buy the DDJ400 but don’t like rekordbox and want to use it with VDJ. All my research suggests I will need a VDJ license, which I am happy to purchase. My question is: if I buy a lifetime license, will that always remain valid even when upgrading to newer versions of VDJ? It’s a fairly expensive outlay in Australia and I don’t want to get stung if the license expires with a new version.
Thanks

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 12:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A pro licence is a one time purchase. Updates have been free since day one.
A controller licence [homePlus] is a cheaper option[in the short term], but it's tied to one controller so it's no good if you get a new controller or aux controller [like a launchpad or something like that]

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 12:58 am
Thank you for your helpful reply. The way I read this is that I would need to buy a new license if I bought a new controller down the track? I’m thinking that a one-off expensive outlay for everything might save me from having to stress about it all in the future? Would that be correct?

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:03 am
You see, my father always taught me:
Buy the best, once.

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:11 am
And I know that the DDJ400 isn’t the best, but it’s able to do everything I need. I don’t scratch or need four decks etc.
I’m just happy with VDJ and don’t like rekordbox or serato

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:21 am
Correct, a full licence is the best option long term, it's forever, it will work with almost anything that works on midi [or HID] [just check before you go out for a new controller, but that will be years off since you just got the 400]

A home plus licence is, as you suspect, a short term compromise.

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:27 am
I really appreciate your reply and informative response. I just bought a t-shirt too! I’ve been a fan of VDJ for ages and never knew about this forum! When I started, we were even trying to mix off cassettes. I’m old, okay?

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:37 am
Cassettes, fancy, we only had wax cylinders and a foot pedal. XD

The forum is the best place for information, first place for news, and a hive of sharing ideas.
Take a look around, there's likely some good stuff to learn.

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 2:24 am
Boa tarde, gostaria de saber se se comprar a licença Home Plus para ddj 400 eu posso instalar em dois computadores diferentes com a mesma controladora ddj-400 ou somente em um computador?

发表时间 Fri 18 Dec 20 @ 8:34 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)