快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Database Not Working

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

Ive been using VDJ for years now with no issues. I opened it up tonight ready for a set and it seems my database has vanished. Playcounts have reversed to 0, all cue points have vanished.

I've checked in the Virtual DJ folder and the Database is showing the correct information, I can see all the cue points and play counts as normal, but for some reason the programme isn't reading it.

I've checked permissions of the folder and file which are all correct and I've checked theyre not suddenly read only, I am now stumpted as what to do!

Please someone help!

Cheers,
Alex

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 11:04 pm
On further look it just looks like the database has gone mental!!! Theres no links to any files (to point to the MP3 files) and all I can see is POI's. All my building up of cue points, file directories, play counts, could it all be lost!?

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 11:15 pm
My last bit of info, it seems there is over 3,000 blank white lines at the bottom of my VDJ Database. However this is the same in a backup I made a few months back without any issues. What on earth has happened here?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 12:08 am
Would you be willing to PM the database file so I can have a look at it (f.ex https://send.firefox.com/ )? I'm currently working on scripts to repair VDJ data files.

As to the cause there could be anything from bugs to disk corruption. Have you tried to first check the drive for errors? on what system are you (Mac/Win)?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 9:37 am
Hi Peter,

How can I send you the PM? I have uploaded the file on the link you gave me but not sure how to PM you? I just don't understand where everything has gone? Literally everthing was fine I re opened VDJ for another set and its like its gone back in time.

I'm on Win 7, and even when I restore earlier backups it seems they are not working either?

For some reason I've got a database in My Documents on the C:Drive, yet another on the E: Drive, my backups where installed on a seperate USB hard disk.

Thanks for your help!

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:25 am
gronji2004 wrote :
How can I send you the PM? I have uploaded the file on the link you gave me but not sure how to PM you?

Just click on my avatar (or name), then select the "Message" tab. From there just compose the message/link :)

gronji2004 wrote :
I just don't understand where everything has gone? Literally everthing was fine I re opened VDJ for another set and its like its gone back in time.
I'm on Win 7, and even when I restore earlier backups it seems they are not working either?

Did you have a change of disk configuration lately or did the disk get another label by accident?

gronji2004 wrote :
For some reason I've got a database in My Documents on the C:Drive, yet another on the E: Drive, my backups where installed on a seperate USB hard disk.

The one in docs is the main one and is always there. The separate ones are so that you can plug the drive into another computer and VDJ should be able to use that with no changes. If I remember correctly, when doing backup, all the databases are merged into the single main file and split out when restored. Could be a disk label problem..?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:35 am
Hi Peter,

Unfortunately the message tab is not there, please could you email me ***

I've not had any change of Label or Partition as far as I am aware.

It just seems that some songs that are in the database are fine but the majority have vanished which is very bizzare, even when using the older backups they are still not in them backed-up database.xml files which I find VERY bizzare.

Cheers,
Alex

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:39 am
I sent you a PM - not sure why the message tab isn't on my page... :/ If you don't see the PM I'l send you an email. I have the address now in case you might want to edit it.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:47 am
Yep I havent received any PM unfortunately, I guess its becuase my account is relatively new Im guessing. I'll await your email if that's ok!

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:51 am
No problem! Email is sent (silverspex) - hopefully it doesn't end up in the spam folder :)

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:55 am
I have exactly the same issue, my entire database wasn't connecting to the player. After creating a new folder with all my mp3 files I noticed that about 40% is loading in the player with an error, even brand new ones don't load or play.The files itself are perfect as they are playing normal with media-player or any other program.
Please help!!!

发表时间 Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 12:09 am
In gronji2004's case the database was in a terrible state (I don't know recent status). Only a couple of hundred tracks remained and the rest was overwritten with 3mb of spaces.. it could be a bug in VDJ (most likely from earlier) but also a disk corruption could be possible, though the data would very unlikely be spaces but either 0's or random binary content.

I'm happy to look at the database as I am building a scripting solution ( https://github.com/silverspex/vdj-data ) where one of the features is to try repair corrupted VDJ data files. The good folks at Atomix would probably like to look at it as well. Are you able to PM me? You can use f.ex. https://send.firefox.com/ to zip and ship.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 7:27 am
PeteVanPolaris wrote :
In gronji2004's case the database was in a terrible state (I don't know recent status). Only a couple of hundred tracks remained and the rest was overwritten with 3mb of spaces.. it could be a bug in VDJ (most likely from earlier) but also a disk corruption could be possible, though the data would very unlikely be spaces but either 0's or random binary content.

I'm happy to look at the database as I am building a scripting solution ( https://github.com/silverspex/vdj-data ) where one of the features is to try repair corrupted VDJ data files. The good folks at Atomix would probably like to look at it as well. Are you able to PM me? You can use f.ex. https://send.firefox.com/ to zip and ship.

Just send you a few of my MP3's that were playing perfectly before and now are only playing on all other players

发表时间 Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 12:00 am
I cannot see any PMs - where did you send them?

发表时间 Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)