快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Random BSOD mid event

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This has happened twice over the last few months.

I use a Windows 10 laptop, slightly older 64bit with plenty of RAM and disk space, but runs fine.

VDJ shows CPU usage at < 10%, usually less than 5% even when mixing and pressing LOTS of buttons.

I don't do video, just MP3, and I use the internal drive.

The HDD is partitioned, with the OS on C, and all the music on a different drive letter, but it's the same physical drive.

Windows is up to date, VDJ is always the latest build.

BUT...

I do have a full USB powered hub.

I have the following connected:

- a trackball mouse
- a compact keyboard
- the Stanton mixer's built-in USB sound card (I use this channel for OTS, just automated dinner music)
- 2 small Creative USB sound cards (deck one, deck two)
- Denon HC4500 controller as a controller only, I no longer use it as a sound card.
- an LED light for the keyboard

Someone suggested USB hubs often cause problems, but the Denon controller just won't function properly without it. I replaced the USB hub a few weeks ago, and usually replace it twice a year. It stays inside the roadcase wired up so the only regular plug/unplug is the hub into the laptop.

I keep the laptop packed inside the road case, I use the external screen, mouse, and keyboard instead of having the laptop on display - just how I roll.

I'm ready to buy a new DJ PC, but thinking because I don't use it for anything else, maybe I'll go for a mini PC with more USB ports.

I'll see if I can get some diagnostics on the shutdowns, but anyone have any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? Everything was working perfectly, then bang - BSOD.

Or, does anyone see how I can get around my lack of USB ports?? Can I add a 2nd hub for the controller, lighten the load, perhaps?

Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 12:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What does the message on the bsod say?

发表时间 Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 2:34 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That windows was "collecting data and would restart".

I was busy making the backup boot, and didn't pay attention. Figured I could check a log somewhere for info.

发表时间 Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 2:53 am
On the bottom of the "Collecting Data" screen there's a short message labeled as "Stop Code"
By looking up this Stop Code you can tell what could possibly have gone wrong

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 8:32 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)