快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VideoSkin button - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Any way you can put a button on default skin to turn on/off the VideoSkin feature instead of having to go into options every time?

Dale

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 12:23 pm

Its not every time though, if you turn it off, this is remembered :)
Only have to do that once.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 12:49 pm
I want to be able to keep it off during certain songs or parts of songs and then turn it back on. If I turn it off in options then it stays off the rest of the night unless I go back into options and turn it back on.

I just want a quick way to turn it on/off frequently during the night.

Dale

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 12:54 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
setting "videoSkin" '' ? setting "videoSkin" 'for Live:live' : setting "videoSkin" '' connect that to a button

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 2:00 pm
Putte wrote :
setting "videoSkin" '' ? setting "videoSkin" 'for Live:live' : setting "videoSkin" '' connect that to a button

Thanks... will try it out tonight.

Dale

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 2:13 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you get it to work ?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 4:48 pm
I tried it and did not get it to work.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 5:32 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It is working for me.

Thxs Putte

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 6:15 pm
Is that exactly how it is with the double quotes in those spaces?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 7:02 pm
Yes..it looked wrong to me but it works. All the quotes seemed to much.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 7:10 pm
Nevermind.. got it working. Thanks!

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 7:11 pm
I did get this working; but have since edited the For Live to remove the jog wheels and the new version shows as for Live (edit) in the video skin list. When I change the script to for Live (edit):Live and click the button I get the fowling error in a pop up window:
Skin Variation not found (for Live.zip \ Live (edit))

I think the new concept of the Video and Broadcast skins are awesome; but need some more documentation on how to use and modify. Thanks.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 11:04 pm
It might be easier to just download new videoskins. They are simply .zip files which can easily be edited. I'm doubtful over the back slash.
The DJ in Norway often puts 4 skin variants in one zip file so it's interesting to see the script needed to toggle one of these. Hm..no back slash ! Just : in between the folder and relevant xml file. The default skin is unique but still should be easy.

I'll post a working non default script a little later in the day. Its simple !
(I've already done that but it was deleted by the development team)

Editing the videoskins is very similar to editing a webpage using html. OK so there are different tags but it is more or less the same. I'd recommend creating a simple webpage with images to get the idea. There are plenty of helpful tutorials.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 9:01 am
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=new
download.. install_minimalistux4.exe

setting "videoSkin" '' ? setting "videoSkin" 'Minimalist UX 4:Titler EQ Black [light overlay]' : setting "videoSkin" ''

The thing is that you can easly modify a videoskin using webpage design techniques to create your own unique videoskin overlay (maybe promoting yourself !)
Hence this is a unique and vastly superior method of doing things when compared to the simple title addon just produced by the developement team.

I get the feeling there are a lot of people about who think dj's are too stupid to deal with technical issues.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 9:24 am
There are a lot of people who expect software to work with a minimal interface, and feel they don't need to be programmers to change something simple.

For example you should be able to change the elements that display and possibly text size in any video skin wiothout having to modify an XML file.

that's just my thoughts.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 9:49 am
" minimal interface, and feel they don't need to be programmers"

Hm..thats heading towards being an obsolete dj. We must embrace new technology. VDJ 2018 has the latest and greatest ideas. It is a highly scriptable software which enhances creativity.

The thing is that VDJ provides a simple interface for those that don't want to be challenged. However for those who look under the hood almost anything is possible.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 10:01 am
I can't get this to work with the latest version, I am looking to toggle between the "none" video skin and the "for live" skin but just won't work, any help apprecaited

发表时间 Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 3:43 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
setting "videoSkin" '' ? setting "videoSkin" 'for Live:live' : setting "videoSkin" ''

发表时间 Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 4:12 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
use a custom button
setting videoSkin "" ? setting videoSkin "for Live:live" : setting videoSkin ""

EDIT: LOL ;)

发表时间 Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 4:17 am
Thanks guys the toggle option is now working I will have a play around customising more buttons on my Hercules MK2 (don't laugh!)
Is there a way to make the left and right buttons do different functions for example use the left "Master tempo" button for the video skin and the right "Master tempo" to toggle a video effect ?

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 4:05 am
95%