快速登录:  

Forum: Addons

话题: Milkdrop - Page: 2
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I was hoping effect_string, could be used, while it changes the string on the gui it isn't recognised inside the plugin.

@ mark I'll look at writing a down time plugin, so if a .milk doesn't work, press a button & it gets moved.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 1:07 am
is there a way to tell you are using v1.5? Ive installed but it looks exactly like the old milkdrop and the addon is still shown is v8; should it say v1.5 within VDJ??

发表时间 Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 1:22 am
dj5826 wrote :
is there a way to tell you are using v1.5? Ive installed but it looks exactly like the old milkdrop and the addon is still shown is v8; should it say v1.5 within VDJ??

Bump

发表时间 Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 4:22 pm
*** Another suggestion ***

Random option toggle with sequential running pleaae

发表时间 Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 10:54 am
Have installed , but it is still the DLL Version 1.4 , not 1.5 .....

发表时间 Sun 17 Jun 18 @ 6:38 pm
I want to start doing visuals, and have been trying out the new milkdrop 1.5. One problem I have come across already, is that once you turn it on, there seems to be no way to turn it off. If I try clicking on the little on/off slider on the side of "milkdrop 8" it does nothing, it will not slide to the off position. If I try just clicking the window, it will not turn off either. Current version of VDJ 8.2. Tried turning off VDJ and restarting. Tried restarting the laptop, same problem.

Also, I clicked the little settings button that popped up to control panels. I didn't understand how those worked at first, and closed one. There seems to be no way to bring the closed one back. I am better if I close the 2nd one, it will also be gone forever. There is also no way that I can see to select individual files to play, the only choice seems to be to play them all, whether you like them or not, and you can only control duration. It's kind of a shame, because there are a lot of them that are cool, but also a lot of them that I don't like. Only thing I can do, is move all the files in the presets folder, and move a bit over at a time to sort... write down the ones I like, delete the others.... with over 1900 files, this is a painful process... and then I still can't just choose a specific file and let it run, like I can with the shader visualizations.

Having mentioned the shaders, I thought about maybe just expanding that, by going to their website, but their sight is poorly designed, a lot of the shaders can't be used, and it seems after browsing about 5 pages through the sight just completely crashes, and is super slow to load. Their site is kind of a mess.

Anyway, even if the new milkdrop could just basically function like the old version, were we can choose individual files, and even delete the ones we don't like right in vdj, that would be much better. As is, I would be happy if we could just have the option of choosing individual files to play, and I'll work through the process of deleting the ones I don't like the way I am doing it now... that, and if the issue with not being able to turn milkdrop off could be fix, that would be great :)

发表时间 Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 7:44 pm
[quote=jamaicazulu]This is definitely an older version. The version says 1.01 and the DLL file is dated 2014. It does not appear to work with VDJ8. Even though it downloads as an exe it fails. I was able to unzip the download to get the files and folders, but once they were added to the plugins folder milkdrop shows up in my list of visualization choices but it does not work. Can someone from the team please update this file to the correct version?

UPDATE...UPDATE...
I checked the discussion for milkdrop8 which you can no longer find as an available plugin. There was an entry that mentioned needing to have Microsoft DirectX installed. It had this link included in the post,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

I went to Microsofts site and downloaded the DirectX plugin, installed it and Milkdrop magically started working. Hope this helps you guys out.
[
thank you for this tidbit!! I reloaded both of my laptops and forgot to install dx for milkdrop

发表时间 Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 5:51 pm
Hi there, I just set the last version of milkdrop, but my logo, with licennse pro doesn' t works !!! Thank you for reply . Yves

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 11:12 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Hi,

I downloaded the Last update: Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 12:19 pm of Milkdrop, it installed old version 1.2.4.0 of the milkdrop.dll

Milkdrop8.dll version 1.4.0.0 already installed does not work (hangs initializing and no presets seem usable and corrupts the skin engine)
Milkdrop.dll in this installer corrupts the skin engine but doesn't do anything else, no presets seem usable either

Installing the directx as burnyabad said make both somehow work but:

- No logo with both milkdrop.dll & milkdrop8.dll ( even virtualdj one) in low quality
- Logo is present in Hi quality (in windowed mode but not in full screen mode) but picture is upside down

I really do not see any difference between these 2 different ones

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 18 @ 11:50 am
DIRECTX is needed for this to work, unsure why VDJ don't mention this. I've formatted my PC a few times over the years and always had to search whats missing that prevented Milkdrop to work, would be easier if VDJ mentioned it or install it both together...

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 5:05 pm
64bit support please?
I use this plugin at every gig and this is stopping me from moving to 64bit virtual dj :/

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 5:39 pm
this is very unstable when running vdj2018. Beware, this wiill crash your system randomly during your sets

发表时间 Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 9:58 pm
burnyabad wrote :
this is very unstable when running vdj2018. Beware, this wiill crash your system randomly during your sets

Do you have any evidence to support this?
There could be many other things going on other than milkdrop that could potentially cause you crashes too so how do you know??

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 18 @ 12:19 am
By me is Virtual DJ have long Time to start.
Than after a Time it says Milkdrop needs a long Time to start...
And than Virtual DJ is started..
Whats wrong?

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 19 @ 12:38 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

Do you have any evidence to support this?
There could be many other things going on other than milkdrop that could potentially cause you crashes too so how do you know??

my system was unstable when activating milkdrop only. All other visuals and videos worked fine, but if I turned on milkdrop my system would crash within an hour.

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 6:26 pm
burnyabad wrote :
my system was unstable when activating milkdrop only. All other visuals and videos worked fine, but if I turned on milkdrop my system would crash within an hour.

Have you updated DX 9 from microsoft website? (links are in this topic above)
(Windows does not come with DirectX 9 anymore so we need to add this update manually)

what are you playing during milkdrop crashing your system?
which .milk file is it trying to use to potentially crash your system?
is virtualdj unloading/crashing?
are you getting a system Blue Screen of Death error code??

What are your system specs??

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 12:40 pm
Choice of .milks is on my wish list too, ideally with the possibility of adding POIs to start the milks.

And thanks and kudos to the developer, I've put this little thingy to good use for some time now!

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 8:20 pm
Im thinking "no 64bit version" because the original source code wasnt released in 64bit so the milkdrop plug-in might stay just for 32bit virtual
For 64bit we have the new visuals system

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 8:46 pm

发表时间 Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 6:44 am
kharixHome userMember since 2017
I love the Milkdrop plugin (Praises to the Dev), but unfortunately the 32 bit version of VDJ8, isn't stable enough when I'm mixing videos. The 64 bit version of VDJ8 works much better with my system, so I'm looking forward to a 64 bit plugin.

发表时间 Sun 14 Jul 19 @ 12:18 pm
85%