快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: High pitched screeching noise....again!!! - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, Soory guys i need to re post this message as it's still happening.For a couple of months now I'm getting a random high pitched screeching sound coming through the speakers when playing tracks. It comes on randomly, sometimes after an hour, sometime two and sometimes not at all. If i shut down laptop and restart VDJ then all ok. But then it may happen again. This has happened at different venues using different decks, different speakers etc. The only common factor is my Macbook pro and VDJ8. Never had this with VDJ7. It's happened with Macbook power lead not in use so nothing to do with that and Macbook not reaching critical temps whilst it happens. Friend last night who has a bit of an idea of sound systems suggested it was software problem and reckons it sounded like a latency problem.
Has anyone got any ideas on what this might be and how to stop it happening as its starting to get embarrassing now. I've changed the leads, software is up to date. I can't find any setting where you can adjust latency. Non in VDJ and non in the driver setting of the latest numark Omnicontroller.
Any one any ideas?
Many thanks

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 6:06 pm
Hi!
I have some problem that may be because the same problem that you... My sound is like a striped disk but only happens with files with more than 33 minutes length... (no matter if it is an audio or video file)
Try to put maxpreloadlength to -1 value. This solves the problem in my computer

Cheers
Manu

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 6:14 pm
Thanks but i don't have any tracks anywhere near that long....i'm talking tracks of average length 5 mins!

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 6:46 pm
1. Stop playing in public, when you know you have a problem. You would not play with a blown speaker, why continue with an issue that you are aware of? It's not like it's just going to go away.

2. I don't do Mac, so can't help you with that, but you didn't mention the OS.

3. You said other decks, which ones?

4. Have you tried without controllers?

5. Which build of VDJ 8.2 are you using?

6. I don't know what the issue is, but you have something in common with many users, VDJ and a Mac. This is not happening to all those other users.

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 7:17 pm
1. It does it very randomly, it goes away so i play again for a few weeks no issue then it happens again. If it does i just switch to a CD re boot software then all ok again. So do i stop using it in public when i think its fixed?!!...it's very random so i just prepare for it until i narrow down the problem hence asking on here if any one has any suggestions!

2.Mac OS Sierra...V.10.12.6

3.Numark Omnicontrol, Numark Mixdeck and another one of a mates can't remember the name!

4.Dont use controllers at home just the headphone out and hasn't done it at home

5. Always the latest Version of VDJ.

6.Aren't i the lucky one!!!

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 7:30 pm
Having had someone call this a Striped disk sound and then googling it this video clip is very much like the sound i'm getting! Hope this helps me get closer to solving the problem! Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft5DSHhu-r0

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 8:18 pm
That's the sound of a stylus being knocked across a vinyl record, so it's not very likely that VDJ would be making that sound!

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 8:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Do you have a sample that sounds like that?

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 9:36 pm
locodog wrote :
Do you have a sample that sounds like that?

Could be fat fingers hitting the F keys when going to the loops. I have known that to happen to some. Not sure why he'd have a needle drag sample loaded

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 9:54 pm
Could the sound be described more like a high pitch stutter, rather than a screech?

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 9:57 pm
Rule one of fault finding: Try the easiest solution first.

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 9:59 pm
I play pre recorded tracks and don't mess with them at all, no mixing, no samples. I'm often no where near the decks when it happens! But that sound recording i posted off you tube is the nearest example ive heard.
Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:03 pm
So you're not pressing a button or doing anything when it happens? Usually if it was an ASIO, latency issue, the glitch would happen when doing something.

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:11 pm
Correct i'm doing nothing at all.....track plays and then it starts. If i switch to the other deck the noise is still there. If i close down VDJ and then load again it's OK. May be ok for the rest of the night or may start again! very difficult to fault find when it happens as i'm usually live!!

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:20 pm
I'd use hardware at home and try recreate the problem in a scenario that allows you to really check what is happening, refreshing your audio config when it happens might help you to figure what the source is

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 12:53 am
Also have you set exclusive audio output to yes and are you using asio or wasapi for audio out?

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 12:55 am
My first step since these are pre-recorded is to put into automix for non stop play at home, without a controller. If it does it then, you have narrowed down to computer and software. If it doesn't do it, then the problem lies with the USB ports, cable or controller. Is it possible that you have something else on the computer that's running in the background? As I said, we all have the same software. That doesn't help you right now, but something to be hopeful for.

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 1:24 am
locodog wrote :
Also have you set exclusive audio output to yes and are you using asio or wasapi for audio out?

Thanks guys for all suggestions so far. Sorry i'm not maybe as "audio" clued up as some but in settings i have the line "Exclusive Audio Access" set to NO, is this what you mean? Here's a screen shot below.

Also with output i just plug in the controller as image below and it works! Where is this ASIO or wasapi?

Many thanks

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 4:59 am
Generally best to have exclusive access set to yes (stops any other thing than vdj making noise on that sound device)

Asio/wasapi you'll find on the two bits that say core audio.

Use hw in practice and try recreate

Also try ultraLatentcy to no

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 5:27 am
Many thanks. I don’t see an option to select Asia or wasapi should I see one? Also should I be using the core audio or the other choice under there? I can’t remember what the other choice is under there as I’m away from my computer. Is the choice to select ultra latency further down in the options?

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 6:56 am
51%