快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Automix weirdness

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
8.2 Pro User. Just copied about 50 songs over to Automix. NOT to actually Automix them, but just to store them there for a future project.
I then re-sorted the list according to the order I wanted, and "Saved" the Playlist.
All items saved in the list but not in the order I designated.
I thought Ver 7 did actually save the order, and not just the items in the list.
Am I wrong?
Thanks!

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 3:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Order should be stored.
If you are looking at your playlist on the left side, perhaps you had a different sort selected though.
In that case, right-click one of the column headers and select 'Reset Sort Order'

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 3:51 pm
Nope, mine doesn't work. The items are there, but not in the order I left them.
Doing this by column wouldn't help me (if it worked). This project involves me putting the 50 tracks in there, then move this there, move this one there, etc. When done, the order is not saving. I know this process ignores the "column sort" feature, but I did this same project years ago on Ver 7 and I would swear that it saved my order-changes.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:02 pm
Where are you looking at your saved playlist?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:05 pm
Lists and advice/Playlists. They're all there. Names match...

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:08 pm
And there's no arrow on one of the columns indicating that it has been sorted by that column?
The 'reset sort order' option does not appear when right-clicking a column header?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:09 pm
It does, but I'm not doing a column sort. The list of 50 started as a column sort (bpm).
Then as I said, I manually moved tracks all over (up and down) to put them in a particular order for this project. A column-sort isn't helpful here. After I've moved them, I want the list to be saved after I've made the moves.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:21 pm
If you have a spare minute, please try:
Put a handful of tracks in the Automix
Pick a column (any column) to sort it.
Save the list with a name
Move tracks around in Automix and re-save it (overwrite yes).
New order not saved?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 4:31 pm
mcs1234 wrote :
It does, but I'm not doing a column sort.

If there is an arrow, then the list is sorted by that column.
What happens if you select 'reset sort order' from the drop down?
It should put the tracks back in the order which you saved them in.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 5:07 pm
It doesn't. The more I play with this, the more I'm discovering. Now the Reset Sort Order option is gone. When it was there, it just jumbled the tracks, and NOT in the order I had them. I'm going to have to do this another way; this is definitely a bug. I tested an old lappy with 7 on it. It does a flat-out "Save what you see, in the order you see it". - Just what this should do. Can this be reported to someone?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 5:21 pm

The issue appears to be this....The Automix pane had a few tracks added. I then 'clicked' on the Filename column and the Automix list sorted perfectly (screen pic right). I then saved the list as Test. When "Test" is later brought up (screen pic left), it brings in the saved tracks but not in the saved order.
Granted, anyone could then click a column to re-sort the list, but as I mentioned, I'm not wanting to return to a column sort after I have moved all the tracks around. It just needs to retrieve the list, exactly as it was saved, then the user can column-click if he desires.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 5:41 pm
But you didn't move the tracks around after sorting then?
If you first sort by filename, and then move any track, then save, it should be in that order.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 5:46 pm
In this particular example, I didn't even move them (at all - just a straightforward column-sort) and it got it wrong. See pic.
Additionally, if I were to move around the tracks and attempt a save, it still gets it wrong. Content only, no "order of appearance".
You appear to responding to me with "In Theory" responses. I appreciate your theoretical help (and I agree with you), but have you actually tried this, in real time?
I can't imagine our software behaving differently. My build is 3994.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 5:52 pm
I did try it, and it worked fine here.

In your screenshot, I do see a triangle in the Last Played column, so that's why the list is sorted by last played, and not in the order you stored it on.
If you right-click the last played column and select 'reset sort order', it doesn't change to the same order as the one you saved?

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 10:44 am
And there it is... It appears that if you make changes to the list WITHOUT turning off the arrow (up or down) in any column, the saved results won't necessarily be what you "see".
Tried it again, sorting by bpm (with arrow in place). TURNED OFF arrow by clicking to the left of the first field, then re-arrange files, and save.
List is saved as it appears!! :-)
Had no idea it worked like that, but it'll be easy to manage.
Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 1:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)