快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: VDJ losing comms with controller

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Controller: XDJ-RX
PC: ASUS ROG
VDJ: Latest public update

For the first time in years VDJ caused substantial embarrassment in a club last night when it slowly but completely lost its grip on my controller.
Firstly it started 'rebooting' the LEDs on the controller then introduced a stuttering effect with the progress bars on jog wheels. Then I lost response from the controller altogether and had to resort to keyboard mixing - something which I never do, but had to keep things going. This delighted the people watching me, one even started videoing me! *rolls eyes, resists violent urges..

I tried eveything I could think of in settings to refresh, but to no avail :-(

In a last ditch attempt I pulled the USB cable out and re-inserted it; this sometimes sorts glitches with only a second or so audio dropout. On this occasion it did not work and I had to reboot both contoller and VDJ. By the time it was working again the club owner had switched inputs to a CD mix.... and I was unable to continue.
There was only 20 mins to go, but needless to say the vibe was killed and people moved on :-(

I also noticed earlier in the night that the output was very distorted like it was too hot, but VDJ was not clipping at all. I also notice over the last few months that I frequently have to reset, reboot, unplug USB, restart VDJ etc for the setup to work as expected. Sometimes the controller is not recognised or the ASIO drivers do not load, or I only get partial control of the hardware..

This happens independently of skin, USB cable used, or media played.

On a positive note despite all the issues on the night, VDJ continued playing the audio ... until I pulled the USB cable out, that is!!

发表时间 Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 3:28 pm
I think you should get the controller checked out, sounds unstable,

发表时间 Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 3:36 pm
I don't think it is hardware based due in part to the issues I had last night also......

1. The cross fader stopped functioning. When moving the controller crossfader VDJ showed the corresponding movement in the GUI, but did not assign the audio output accordingly.

2. I completely lost the waveform window beat markers - on both decks.

3. VDJ exited and restarted itself, and continued to 'try and reset' the controller.

The worst thing is that it appears to be intermittent and random, so is difficult to reproduce. Sometimes the volume varies and the tempo changes to random values.
Very strange behaviour.... got me stumped!

Unless there is a known issue I will probably have to do a totally fresh install of VDJ and/or drivers... see if that helps!

发表时间 Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 6:40 pm
DjViglePRO InfinityMember since 2018
Через определённое время, иногда многие часы перестает отвечать кнопка настроек на Virtual Dj 8. Далее Тraktor kontrol s4 mk 2 выключает всю свою иллюминацию, но звук с программы проходит и на мастер выход и на наушники. Думаю, дело в контроллере.

Eto anglogovoryasgchiy forum. Pozhaluysta, sleduyte ssylke. AMAHM

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 9:56 pm
I have found the current build stable, maybe your computer hardware is at fault , do you have a backup controller to test with, I used to run my gig laptop with a bare minimal range of programs installed , but in recent months I run allsorts, I do not use the asio drivers , have you tried with just the windows drivers ?

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 11:11 pm
I also run my RX for a weekly residency at a bar and have never encountered this issue.

I would say a couple of things though. Always carry a back USB key or CD with you in case of these very issues. Infact I even have a few tracks I keep on my phone should I need to resort to that. With the RX you could have switched to the USB key and carried on for a few minutes to see if rebooting your laptop would help.

In all to me it sounds like a latency issue, either within VDJ or the RX driver itself. So maybe try and set it back to default in the pioneer driver and see if that helps.
I also had an issue on my old R1 where it would no longer respond to any control to VDJ but would pass sound perfectly fine. It turned out the USB cable was at fault (and I did try 2 of them) , but after purchasing a better quality one I never had the issue again.

One other thing you may want to try and is they way I use my RX, is to try it in RX mode. i.e. I do not have my RX control the mixer in VDJ. This allows you to use the RX's mixer natively and all the on-board effects. I find that this reduces the latency drastically in both terms of the mixer controls and on VDJ itself.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 12:46 pm
I will try the new cable...thanks for all the other suggestions too. I have a horrible feeling that it could be something to do with the cable but probably the USB ports also. The issue did not crop up at my last two last gigs however. Very bizarre as nothing has been changed.

Probs dodgy cable (I hope!)

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 4:55 pm
Behringer CT200 looks like a useful bit of kit. Might get myself one of those!

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 5:43 pm
groovindj wrote :
Behringer CT200 looks like a useful bit of kit. Might get myself one of those!

agreed

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 10:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)