快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Virtual Folder - Adding new tracks

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
If I add all the tracks from a regular folder into a virtual folder and later on download and add more files into the same original folder, how do I know which tracks I'll need to copy into the same virtual folder? Do I just copy and paste the entire contents of the folder again and VDJ8.2 will know to only copy the new ones without duplicating? Is there a better way? I like the idea of having 1 main virtual folder from multiple folders and then making playlists from the virtual folder.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 12:45 am
why not try it. Just add 2 songs in the virtual folder, then try to add the same 2 songs again and see what happens.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 3:55 am
I created a test Virtual Folder, copied a few tracks several times and it did duplicate the tracks. I'd have to use a file manager and filter for a date to avoid duplicates. Does anyone know a better procedure?

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 5:06 am
what version are you using ?

I tried it with version 3408 and above and it does not repeat when I add the same song to the test virtual folder.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 1:03 pm
I'm using v8.2 b3398, which updated itself a few days ago. I thought this was the latest version. I ran the test twice and it didn't duplicate the first time. I deleted them all, deleted the virtual folder, made a new one and tried it again and it did duplicate the entries. I just did a re-test using windows 10's file explorer and then the second time I used xiles nexusfile (which helps me deal with large amounts of mp3s in multiple folders) and it didn't duplicate the entries this time. I'm not sure why it duplicated the entries during my first test. I noticed it retained the Beat Grid and Cue Points just fine.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 2:27 pm
I'm officially on v8.2 b3409 now. I just wanted to say VDJ8.2's the best. I'm looking forward to every update and the release of new cutting edge DJ controllers. Thanks for your help.

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 1:59 am
Are you sure you're adding the same file twice and not the same song twice ?

What I mean:
If you drag the same file several times inside a virtual folder it gets added only once.
However if you drag the same song (that you may have multiple times on multiple different locations on your hard drive) several times it will get added twice or triple e.t.c. times because the security check is done automatically only on file level.
VirtualDj can't tell if a "song" / file is a duplicate (replica) copy from another one. VirtualDj can only ignore adding twice the same file, and that part works perfectly!

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 8:05 am
Yes, I'm adding the same exact file from the same folder as my test. I could always make another virtual folder and add the entire contents of my folder(s) and delete the previous virtual folder as another option. It's quick and painless that way.

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 9:52 am
If you are adding an entire (complete) folder, why don't you just create a favorite (monitored) folder instead ?

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 11:08 am
I'm adding over a dozen folders (each categorized by genre and date range). I tried the Favorite Folder (shortcut) and I like it. I'll use both Favorites and Virtual Folders. Thanks for your suggestion!

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 11:35 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)