快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 20

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

""Listen up everyone""" VIRTUAL DJ 8 USERS!!!! I was VERY upset at first when we lost Content Unlimited. Net Search always worked but the sound and audio quality was TERRIBLE. Anyways I figured out how to get HIGH QUALITY songs each and every time. Plus Net Search will find more songs and remixes than Content Unlimited did.

1. Go to the setting menu in VDJ8.
2. Check the show advanced options BOX.
3. Click on + to expand the Internet options menu.
4. At the bottom of the menu is the NETSEARCH VIDEO QUALITY setting. Set it to hd1080.
5. Close the settings menu taking you back to the VDJ main screen. and THATS IT!! :) You now have high quality Net Search Music.

Am I missing something? I can't find the settings menu. I was also told that when you opened up the VD8 software it automatically refreshed your cache files. I found that to be untrue. I needed to refresh each track separately. The older versions of VDJ you could do it in bulk with one right click and you could use them for about a month before having to refresh again. I only hope to use netsearch in the case of an emergency but thank God I had a wifi connection at my last gig so I could refresh a very important song which was fine before I left home. Does anyone know how to refresh in bulk like the older versions of VDJ?

发表时间 Sun 17 May 15 @ 10:46 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I pull up all of the tracks in the cache, select them all with Cntrl-A, right click, and refresh them

发表时间 Sun 17 May 15 @ 11:27 pm
I understand we should still be able to use the net search but mine will not work. It does not pull up any artist or song. I am getting a bit nervous as I have events coming up and to not be able to stream songs will be bad. I have a lot of music in my library but there are some brand new songs or some off the wall old songs that I do not have that get requested. Any update on when this will be rectified?

thank you!

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 9:25 am
[quote=]I understand we should still be able to use the net search but mine will not work. It does not pull up any artist or song. I am getting a bit nervous as I have events coming up and to not be able to stream songs will be bad. I have a lot of music in my library but there are some brand new songs or some off the wall old songs that I do not have that get requested. Any update on when this will be rectified?

thank you![/quote]
Your using the HOME version to DJ with? I dont think you can get the fix to NETSEARCH with the HOME VERSION....

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 9:28 am
googlyHome userMember since 2011
For some reason i'm not able to search through content unlimited nor net search... so what am i doing wrong? i'm going to dj in 2 weeks and i'm used to having unlimited content. i'm still using 7.4.1 version, can someone help me out.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 10:49 am
googly wrote :
For some reason i'm not able to search through content unlimited nor net search... so what am i doing wrong? i'm going to dj in 2 weeks and i'm used to having unlimited content. i'm still using 7.4.1 version, can someone help me out.

Please read the entire thread. YOU NEED the latest 7.x version or latest 8.X version. HOWEVER, I see your status says you are a HOME USER so I dont think you can get that...

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 10:50 am
I must publicly thank Haui70 on the support team for trying to help me as i am locked of my account. Unfortunately, i am no further forward.
Has there ever been issues with hackers on this? I am starting to suspect that may be what is happening here.
It tells me my login details dont exist, but i am able to log in with g mail. Confusing or what?

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 12:06 pm
I really think they need to sticky minimum requirements for NetSearch to work as a good 50% of new posts are people trippin about not being able to use it...also need to hand walk people how to download the latest version. (Though 50% of the new posts don't read the already posted responses so I guess it wouldn't make a darn bit of good.)

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 1:45 pm
DiOrioPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I Have 7.4.2 Pro On A 4+ year computer , Is this the best I can get version wise?
I dont get any net search results just a you tube address
I get video results
what gives?
Help

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 2:17 pm
I made a big mistake, I wanted to take out a monthly subscription for virtual dj pro and instead I signed unlimited audio content, how do I cancel and get the right one?

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 3:48 pm
Maybe the reason people dont bother to read previous posts is because a lot of them are unhelpful. i.e. yours.
We cant all be experts. I was only a member for 2 weeks when this brown stuff hit the fan.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 4:06 pm
dj giz1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What's up fellow Djs. Does anyone know whether or not CU is back up and running? Thanks!!

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 4:48 pm
Like your helpful comments about your own particular issues that actually have nothing to do with this particular discussion thread........

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 6:00 pm
Is there any new information about what is to come with ContentUnlimited and Virtual DJ Pro 8? I would love to subscribe, but only if it means the songs are being licensed properly.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 8:13 pm
Now you get nothing but videos on Netsearch?? What happened to the poor quality audio versions you could download yesterday? lol. I was told that Netsearch worked. It did for a day but now it offers only vids, which I don't subscribe to. Good Lord.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 15 @ 10:32 pm
chuckcarroll80 wrote :
Now you get nothing but videos on Netsearch?? What happened to the poor quality audio versions you could download yesterday? lol. I was told that Netsearch worked. It did for a day but now it offers only vids, which I don't subscribe to. Good Lord.

Ive just tested it, and it works fine in v8 build 2245 and up, and in v7.4.4

Are you running the correct version?

发表时间 Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:43 am
[quote=]Spotify has a deal with the Algoriddim company DJay, but that is for Mac/Apple only. I am hoping Virtual DJ can work out a deal for PC or cross platform with Spotify. [/quote]

I think there are problems with Spotify.

DJAY has a spotify integration, but the deal is you HAVE to stream the content while DJing (no offline play possible), and you do NOT have the right to play Spotify content in public ("PERSONAL, NON COMMERCIAL use ONLY", it says). So basically it's not much more than a gimmic in DJAY.

As I understand it Spotify only have these kind of limited rights themselves, so they can't allow Pro use. Which means it's not really useable for DJs

发表时间 Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:47 am
Do you have any idea as to the time frame that you will be securing a new music streaming service by?

发表时间 Tue 19 May 15 @ 8:10 am
This is my first post here so I thought I'd briefly introduce myself. I DJ a LOT. I'm out most nights, so much so I really cherish my nights off - mostly Mondays if I'm lucky. My DJ work is very niche, I mostly DJ at social dance events. I also run Soul & Motown nights. I DJ the odd wedding for people who are already customers, but mostly turn down that kind of work as it's not what I do.

I use Content Unlimited a lot. At least every day. For me it's the primary source of my music. This doesn't mean I don't buy music elsewhere, I buy a lot of music on Amazon, iTunes and Mastermix plus other DJ Only download sites. But for years CU has worked for me as my primary source of music.

What we have here is crisis management. It's impossible to have a plan for every possible crisis and, it seems, there was no plan in place which allowed CU to continue without interruption. Before I criticise anybody for not being able to provide the CU service without interruption I should be looking at my own contingency plan for the loss of CU - which, is non-existent! You can't foresee everything. I simply managed the situation on the fly and downloaded tracks from Amazon.

When I raised a support ticket regarding CU I was directed to this thread. It was really hard to find out the information as I had to wade through a fair bit of on-line bullying and posturing. I am sure there are sites for you to belittle people, say "mine's bigger than yours" and probably sites for you to post pictures of your baboon-like genitalia - I'm only guessing at this one ;-)

But this is a professional forum and this particular thread seems to be the go-to source of information regarding progress with Content Unlimited. Can we keep it that way so we can come here to see how things are progressing?

发表时间 Tue 19 May 15 @ 8:10 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Andy McGregor wrote :
It's impossible to have a plan for every possible crisis and, it seems, there was no plan in place which allowed CU to continue without interruption

I believe they did have a crisis plan in place. In my view, a plan like that is like a temporary repair to help you get by until a full repair is done. Netsearch has continued to work, although we have been required to update our software to keep it doing so.
I think most of the frustration for people trying to help here is threads starting off attacking. Causing the people that are trying to help to be defensive. Even if unprofessional, it is a natural response. The second part of the frustration is the reparative statement during the attack when only a few posts above a fix to the problem was posted.
While some responses may be unprofessional, not everyone here claims to be professional. There are a lot of home users as well as Internet warriors. The staff that have posted have given professional responses in my opinion.

发表时间 Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:26 am
82%