快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Effects settings not saving

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think this is a vdj thing maybe more a windows thing but effects aren't saving their settings, all the ini(s) are reported as writeable by windows and can be edited by notepad and saved but not by vdj, if I alter the keyboard mapping that is saved (via vdj), but not the effects.

Is it just me and does anyone have any ideas?

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:48 am
Any effects specifically?

What version of Windows?

What version of VDJ?

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:51 am
I'm sorry I forgot the details are important,

All the native effects won't save from session to session
In fact most effects won't save during the session once they are out of memory, turn on the beat grid and gui on (with a button all the effects I turn on with a keyboard button), I change the beat grid on 1 and go to 2 and back to 1 the change stays, if I turn both the gui and the effect off (via a key) the changes are dismissed
If I turn the gui on via the skin, the changes are remembered for the session
Win 7 Home premium
VDJ 8 Poverty version

This might be something I've done with windows,

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:28 am
Trying a system restore, uninstall, reg clean and reinstall,

No still no joy

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:49 am
Any idea's at all,?
Maybe a system log where I can see if VDJ is trying and failing to affect the ini(s)?
Could anyone suggest a program that, like VDJ, writes to ini's in my documents, so I can check if it's my o/s or VDJ.
The only thing I've done that might have strange effects is I deleted all the native ini(s) whilst shifting in some VSTs, but VDJ recreated the natives as I used them.
I really don't want to reinstall windows, (music & database is backed up but I've got lots of coding stuff (programs/files) for my controller.)

(I've just noticed my Numlock typed title, whoops)

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:28 am
Seems like something to do with you using a keyboard to do it, rather than the GUI.

I'd suggest contacting support directly if you want a speedy response.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:52 am
Is it will all effects? Just some?

Can you try loading v8. Changing a single parameter, closing VDJ, Re-opening and see if it remembers that change.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:57 am
All effects, Tried the just one thing approach.
settings, keyboard mapping, database all work fine
VDJ isn't writing to the ini if I open the beat grid on slot 1 on deck 1 and change it, then open the beatgrid on slot 1 on deck 2, the slot is in it's original unchanged state.
While the settings persist in memory (on any effect) I can change the settings and turn the effect & gui off and they will be at the changed value (per deck) but if I turn the effect and gui off and wait a time upon re activating the effect & gui it reverts.

It worked fine (normal) for a bit, I'm sure ( on release day)

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:37 am
Ok - i can re-produce this on Beatgrid.

Any others you've noticed. I've tested a couple and they seem ok.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:44 am
There are some "reset effect" options in the config that can be turned off.

I personally would expect an effect opened on a new deck to be at default, rather than taking on the settings from the other deck.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:47 am
Ok i have reported the issue and see what the Dev's say.

Groovin:
If you spend time setting up you BeatGrid slots, you do not expect them to be gone the next time you load beat grid.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:54 am
All of them (my effects), once it's out of memory the settings revert.
it must be me and windows,
I'll hit the techs up to see if they can give me any pointers to windows logs, file permissions etc that should be looked at.

*Edit thanks for reporting,
I thought the fx reset was for loading a new track all effects off

In the mean time I'll start backing stuff up,

To further test the situation and copy what I have done (by accident),
try putting the ini(s) into another location and then try changing an effect closing vdj and reopening. VDJ will write new INI(s) perhaps this might be the cause (but it's more likely my o/s)

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:57 am
Fixed thread title also ;-)

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:06 am
Ok - effect settings only save when you "unload" that effect.

So if you make changes to Beat Grid patterns you need to unload that effect in order for the settings to be saved.
Also if you have BeatGrid selected in more than one deck whilst making these changes you will overwrite the settings when you clear another deck.

Have tested and it does behave in this way.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:29 pm
I've 'flattened' my laptop, (It was due, but I'm still in mourning). I'm about 600 windows updates away before I retest VDJ,
Thanks to all for the testing on my behalf, (god knows what caused the problem)

I'm about to open a thread for advice on a new install and I'll cross link from here.

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:43 pm
Flattening my PC sorted it, but I haven't tried to recreate the problem, so the lesson painfully learnt is, back up more.

发表时间 Sat 24 May 14 @ 3:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)