快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mac Mini with a PreSonus StudioLive mixer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi All,
I have a 2010 Mac Mini running OSX Mavericks and VDJ7 Pro. Until recently, I had a PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixer that I connected to the Mac via a Firewire 400/800 cable and was able to run VDJ into the mixer digitally on channels 17 & 18, so I didn't need an audio cable. I sold that mixer to a friend and bought the new version of the same mixer (StudioLive 16.4.2 AI), but now VDJ won't let me use channels 17 & 18 like before. The Mac "sees" the mixer on the Firewire connection (now 800/800), and the PreSonus software works perfectly to record and play back 18 channels, so it's not a connection issue. VDJ "sees" the mixer as well, and allows me to choose it in the advanced setup menu page along with channels 17/18, but then gives an error message saying that configuration can't be used because the sound card is missing. Any advice from anyone?

发表时间 Mon 21 Apr 14 @ 1:59 am
detourdj wrote :
because the sound card is missing

The usual message states that the interface is not connected or the settings are incorrect
. Are you sure that the audio config you're trying to use is achievable with the hardware (i.e. you're not trying to use more I/O than you have)?

Does the same message occur if you select other channels? If you have 18 at your disposal, choose another pair.

Also you need to ensure that the interface is set to a sample rate of 44.1kHz as Advanced Config doesn't work smoothly with higher rates.

发表时间 Mon 21 Apr 14 @ 3:43 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I use the 24/4/2 AI console. If it works in the same way as the 16, channels 17and 18 on your console will be configured for master LR recording and playback. On mine it's 25and 26.

You may have to go into the routing/Config for the console to ensure that VDJ is allocated to these two channels. If it is the same as mine, you also have to make sure that the 2 Track In is set to Digital in and not Tape before you start VDJ up or VDJ will not see it as an available pair of channels. You could also try using two of the main channels (paned for L and R obviously) just to make sure that your computer is taking the Config changes you make.

As Groovin suggests, make sure the console is also set for 44.1khz.

Daz

发表时间 Tue 22 Apr 14 @ 12:24 pm
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies. Choosing other channels isn't a viable option. It can be done easily, but what I want to be able to do is use all 16 analog inputs for band recording, then use 17 & 18 for DJ inputs via the 2-track digital input. I need to dig deeper, but it's got me frustrated. The previous version of the 16.4.2 did this without a hitch, but my new AI version is fighting me.

I just used it the other night at a gig. I had the 16.4.2 AI hooked up via Firewire to my Mac Mini, and had an Apple router plugged into the board for iPad control. Everything worked perfectly except for VDJ lining up with channel 17 & 18. I ended up running VDJ in stereo out of the Mini's headphone jack to the analog Aux A inputs on the board while it recorded 16 tracks to the Mini.

I'll check into the sample rate. I was running 48kHz on the mixer, so maybe that's the glitch.

Thanks again!

Larz

发表时间 Wed 23 Apr 14 @ 2:03 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)