快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Timecodes

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey all, yesterday I bought some second hand turntables, and hooked them up to my mixer (sound card built in). I managed to configure one of the turntables, under timecode config, into almost perfect circles. The other table I was told would soon need a cartridge replacement. When i configure this one, sometimes it goes to a circle, and sometime to a straight line. I think that it means one of the channels isn't working. Is that a cartridge issue? The other table that does work sometimes skips, speeds up, slows down, moves to various spots around the song, all without me telling it to.
I also can't seem to scratch very well. There is also a noticeable delay. I watched a few youtube videos where someone was scratching on VDJ with time codes and sounded a lot better than I can get it to. Is there any settings that I could adjust to make the scratch sound better? I am using Side A-Serato CV 2.5 time coded vinyl and Stanton STR8-30 turntables. I herd these are decent for beginners. I will be grateful for any responses that I can get, Thanks! :)

发表时间 Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 7:24 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Maybe give a list of equipment and current sound config settings.
Check out the wiki for time code config.
Try swapping your cables from deck to deck, this will rule out a cable issues.
Can you swap carts between tables to see if the problem follows.
Register your pro serial number to you login here and make sure you have the latest version.

发表时间 Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 12:54 am
As blckjck says.

Delay is probably down to latency, and that's usually down to your audio interface - but as you've not provided any info on what the mixer is, it's hard to confirm.

发表时间 Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 8:13 am
Sorry about that, i think i have the american audio 10 mxr.

发表时间 Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 2:30 pm
*UPDATE* I have been able to get them into perfect circles---most of the time. I think that it may be something to do with the needles as I have plugged in new RCA cables. I noticed that the right turn table is a bit laggy-drags behind the song on deck 1. The main issue I am now having is the connection between them, my mixer, and laptop. I have uploaded the mac timecode firmware to my 10MXR and restarted the mixer as instructed to. When I begin playing a song, the timecode signal on VDJ fluctuates from 0 % to 100% continuously. The song will skip and slow down and I end up having to re-start my mixer about 5 times or so and upload the firmware a couple of more times. Is there anything that I am doing wrong? Thanks.

发表时间 Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 10:21 pm
*BUMP*

发表时间 Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 12:48 am
Which version of VirtualDJ are you using exactely ? (version and build number)

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 3:20 am
how about registering your software on the forum:)
Too many torrents around these days, I'm sure you'll get a lot more help from the community

发表时间 Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 5:51 am
Thanks for the quick response jakovski, I have VDJ 7.0.4 Pro - MAC (b364). Is that the information that you were referring too? Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 5:51 pm
Yes - but 7.04 i think is your main problem. This version is totaly outdated and there where many Timecode fixes after that.

So register your serial number in your profile here: http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
and update to the latest available one.

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 3:09 am
kinda funny how these threads always die when they are asked to register their serial..

发表时间 Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 10:17 am
When it comes to timecode 7.4 isn't really any better. Timecode is just not one of VDJ's strong suits. Flame me if you must but this is a known fact.........

发表时间 Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:38 pm
yep, soo hope v8 will fix that..

发表时间 Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 10:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)