快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: major and many issues

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ill start by saying 1. ive sent a message to support and 2. im not good with the more technical side of computers. Ok so ive been using pro for nearly four years now on my old win 7 Asus, which just died. I purchased a brand new laptop Samsung ativ book 8, win 8 which has everything necessary to run VDJ Pro including video specs, all specs are above what is necessary. But I have had nothing but problems getting it to work correctly. I have had issues with video freezing, stuttering , slow loads and more. I have attempted to correct these issues by searching for solutions on the forums. I made sure my higher graphics card was set for vdj because that seems to have been an issue and I also downloaded the registry tool to adjust some of the things people have had issues with but it is honestly like reading Chinese to me. I was getting a pop up that stated I did not have enough RAM to load videos, I have also had the program seeming too not be able to read my exterior harddrive as it just goes away while loading files. Now the new issue has come up where it says that my database on the drive is corrupted and that I need to go into the config to repair it but when I try the program freezes. I have been amazingly fortunate to somehow get through 3 nights of work but I can't afford to have this continue like this. Am I missing something because as I said I'm not very good with the technical side? I'm just afraid that support will take too long when maybe someone on here has had similar issues and could help. Thanks

发表时间 Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 10:18 pm
Not sure which model ATIV you got, I saw specs on two, both with Intel® HD Graphics 4000 which may be your problem.
I'm not a fan of Samsung after a friend spent $1400 and took it back the next day because it wouldn't run videos smoothly and that model had NVIDIA graphics. The overall build quality didn't impress me either.

The first thing I look for in a gig machine is NVIDIA graphics with dedicated memory. With the latest 7.4.1 update I've got my Win 8.1 machine running 100%.
You need to be able to tweak your machine which is mainly keeping up to date drivers, power option settings and making your video card default for VDJ.

Someone with more experience will suggest some options for you or support will get back to you soon if they haven't already, hang in there!

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 1:28 am
Please list the specs to your machine.

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 3:26 am
Specs on the Book 8:

Win8
3rd Gen I7
8 Gig Ram
SATA II Hard Drive (5400 rpm) 1TB
AMD Radeon HD 8770M with 1GB
2 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0

Best Buy retails it for $1199.

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 8:44 am
Specs are: I7 3635 QMprocessor 2.4ghz, 1tb hd, amd radeon hd 8770m graphics card, 8gb ddr system memory, windows 8 64 bit. I brought the complete list of recommended video specs to the store and this was the only one that had a vga out which i need. Not being that smart this may be nothing or it could explain it all; when i run task manager next to vdj it says 32 bit, when i downloaded the registry tool it said to use the 64 bit version because my laptop is 64 bit. All chinese to me because i dont really know what these mean but shouldnt these be the same? BTW i had a tech install vd,j i would hope he knew what was the right version.

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 9:02 am
After reading some previous posts I have my better card running vdj and power settings are set to max performance. Just noticed something else, i have 2 3.0 usb, one is powered the other isnt, would that have any bearing on the issues im having with the ext hd not working correctly? Its a Toshiba 3.0, again never any issues when used with my old Asus which ive decided to have reapaired because of this friggen nightmare.

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 9:19 am
Just curious, what model Asus do you have? All your USB's are "powered", but the 3's have been an issue for the last year or so. What else are you using USB's for other than hard drive?

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 11:06 am
its an asus g60 if i remember correctly. Sorry i meant chargeable not powered on the 3.0 usb. I use one for external hd, one for hercules rmx and a 2.0 for external mouse. UPDATE sort of , heard from support on video issue asking me to run a test to see if memory use increased or stays the same while running a video. It stayed the same at 71%. There was a recommended radeon tool to run if the memory had increased but it didnt. SO... not sure what it means. They said they would address the issue with the external hd seperately, they said to keep a backup of my external database file, unfortunately i really dont know how to do that .

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 11:35 am
Ok cool, glad to hear your getting help now and resolving some issues. You have a back up external hard drive for your primary right? I think thats what they are asking.

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 12:28 pm
Had a friend who builds computers come over and take a look to try to figure out why the computer was constantly running so high on RAM (70% or higher) with very little programs open. Even with task manager there was very little that showed up and certainly not enough to be nearly maxing out on RAM. After some.searching he found there is a program on Samsung laptops (and maybe others) called condusiv intelli memory, basically a hd cache that makes it quicker to reopen programs. Turns out this RAM hog was chewing up memory like it was candy even tho it would not show up in task manager as doing so. We got rid of the program and my RAM useage went from 70+% to well under 40%. Now I'm not going to claim I know if its a necessary program or not but so far it seems like vdj is running much closer to what I had on my previous windows 7 laptop with out it. Use your best judgement but if your having similar issues with a Samsung look into this program.

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 7:35 pm
My HP with Windows 8 is constantly freezing on my backspin of the jog wheel.
Can anyone tell me why or share how to tweak up my machine to have it perform flawlessly?

Let me know Y'all?!!

发表时间 Mon 24 Feb 14 @ 11:36 am
please help,

When plugging in my VMS2 and switching on I get a message telling me that there is a DMx/wdm error and I have no control via the VMS2..... I have updated the drivers in my laptop but now don't know how to go forward... I am not a tech and will need help

发表时间 Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 5:56 am
You should be using the supplied ASIO driver, not WDM. Please read the product manual.

N.B. In future please do not post an unrelated message on the end of someone elses thread.

Thank you.

发表时间 Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 6:04 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)